- Analgesics was one of the most dynamic OTC consumer health categories in Uruguay in 2014, with growth slightly behind digestive remedies and dermatologicals, the latter of which was the most dynamic OTC category in Uruguay during 2014.
- Only marginal changes were recorded in the value shares and competitive positions of the leading players in analgesics in Uruguay during 2014. Although marketing and advertising are permitted for OTC analgesics, the companies operating in the category tend to be extremely careful not to encourage self-medication. In particular, acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two highly popular OTC analgesics and, for this reason, these categories attract the strongest controls on advertising and marketing campaigns. This is why new product launches and segmentation are used by the consumer health companies present in OTC analgesics to further expand their portfolios and remain at the top-of-mind for high numbers of Uruguayan consumers as they seek to gain higher penetration.
- Analgesics is set to remain the largest category in OTC consumer health and, indeed, across the entire Uruguayan consumer health industry throughout the forecast period. Nevertheless, OTC analgesics is set to decline in value at a CAGR of -1% in constant 2014 terms over the forecast period, falling to UYU507 million in 2019.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Analgesics Market Research Report
Sample Analgesics Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Analgesics industry in Uruguay with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Analgesics industry in Uruguay, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Analgesics in Uruguay market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Analgesics in Uruguay?
- What are the major brands in Uruguay?
- Are combination products with acetaminophen still popular?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Analgesics in Uruguay - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Analgesics in Uruguay - Company Profiles
Gramon Bagó de Uruguay SA in Consumer Health (Uruguay)
- Summary 1 Gramon Bagó de Uruguay SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Gramon Bagó de Uruguay SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Gramon Bagó de Uruguay SA: Competitive Position 2014
Spefar SA in Consumer Health (Uruguay)
- Summary 4 Spefar SA: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Spefar SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Spefar SA: Competitive Position 2014
Consumer Health in Uruguay - Industry Context
Contained economic growth threatens consumption
Uruguay positioned as a global leader in in anti-tobacco policy
Dermatologicals leads growth in OTC consumer health in Uruguay
Chemists/pharmacies remains the only legal retail distribution channel for marijuana in Uruguay
Local production and exports to boost the Uruguayan pharmaceutical industry
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Sustained inflation threatens consumption
Smokefree environments and healthier habits on the rise
Independent chemists/pharmacies supported by President Mujica against the threat of monopoly
Marijuana law attracts foreign participants
Local production and exports set to boost the Uruguayan pharmaceutical industry
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 7 OTC: Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 8 Research Sources