- Consumers’ preference for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for fast relief of pain of different aetiology, with little or no unwanted side effects has been addressed by companies for many years with small price increases in current terms, thus favouring volume growth in most NSAIDs categories and combination analgesics. This trend ended in 2012 as prices of NSAIDs increase well above the annual variation of the general inflation, with the sole exception of diclofenac. Consumers however did not waver in their preference for these products.
- In 2012, Spefar SA continued to lead analgesics with 22% value share. The company’s success throughout the entire review period was based on its Perifar brand of ibuprofen-based products which remain high in the preference of Uruguayan consumers. Perifar with its varieties Perifar 400, Perifar Flex and Perifar Suspensión ranked once more as the three bestselling analgesics in 2012 and the company continues expanding its portfolio with more ibuprofen-based combination analgesics, paediatric and topical analgesics to address pain relief of different aetiology.
- The current trend favoured by consumers and doctors to use NSAIDs for fast relief of pain of different aetiology is expected to remain strong during the forecast period, fuelling the overall growth of analgesics sales.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Analgesics Market Research Report
Sample Analgesics Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Analgesics industry in Uruguay with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Analgesics industry in Uruguay, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Analgesics in Uruguay market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Analgesics in Uruguay?
- What are the major brands in Uruguay?
- Are combination products with acetaminophen still popular?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Analgesics in Uruguay - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 4 Analgesics Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Analgesics Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Uruguay - Industry Context
Value sales improve the pace
Abortion decriminalised in 2012
Double-digit shares remain out of reach
No changes in distribution
Sustained growth rates in the future
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Economic growth begins to slow down
A small and ageing population
Obesity and overweight on the rise
Merging of small neighbourhood pharmacies, a key to survival
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources