- Despite economic slowdown in 2013, jewellery experienced a good performance with growth of 10% in current value terms. The category was driven by the performance of real jewellery, which accounts for the bulk of value sales. With wealthier consumers comprising the key consumers of real jewellery and the fact that they tend to be less sensitive to economic uncertainty, jewellery performed well amongst all personal accessories categories.
- Jewellery is highly fragmented with the top five players accounting for a 9% value share. H Stern is the leading company with a 4% value share. The company managed to maintain market share in 2012 due to investments in advertising campaigns mainly magazines, and associating the brand with international celebrities such as Katie Holmes and Diane Kruger.
- Jewellery sales are expected to continue on their growth trajectory over the forecast period, following a strong performance over much of the review period, driven by the positive economic scenario. A constant value CAGR of 10% is projected over the forecast period, reaching R$15 billion. Most of this increase in value sales is expected to result from the rise in unit prices, since volume sales are expected to see less growth than value.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Jewellery Market Research Report
Sample Jewellery Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Jewellery industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Jewellery industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Jewellery in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How do sales of costume jewellery compare to real jewellery in Brazil?
- What type of jewellery is most popular: rings, wristwear, neckwear, or earrings?
- What are the prospects for non-store retailing in jewellery?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our jewellery market research database.
Table of Contents
Jewellery in Brazil - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Jewellery by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Jewellery by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Jewellery by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Jewellery by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Costume Jewellery by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Real Jewellery by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Jewellery: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Jewellery: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Jewellery by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Jewellery by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Jewellery by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Jewellery by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Jewellery by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Jewellery in Brazil - Company Profiles
H Stern Comércio e Indústria Ltda in Personal Accessories (Brazil)
- Summary 1 H Stern Comércio e Indústria SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 H Stern Comércio e Indústria SA: Competitive Position 2012
Jóias Vivara Ltda in Personal Accessories (Brazil)
- Summary 3 Jóias Vivara Ltda: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Jóias Vivara Ltda: Operational Indicators
Personal Accessories in Brazil - Industry Context
Personal accessories shows good performance in 2013
Manufacturers struggle to maintain competitiveness
Luxury brands succeed in personal accessories
Internet retailing: Promising channel
Challenge to personal accessories manufacturers ahead
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Personal accessories maintains good performance in 2013
Robust growth of Internet retailers
Luxury players succeed in personal accessories
- Table 14 Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Personal Accessories: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Personal Accessories: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Personal Accessories by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Personal Accessories by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources