- The cat population in Bulgaria is set to stand at 785,000 in 2013, with the total number of cats increasing by 9,000 since the beginning of the review period. Cats are increasingly preferred as pets because they are easier to keep than dogs. The positive attitude of Bulgarians towards pet cats is also reflected in the projected growth of cat food in both volume (7%) and current value (8%) terms in 2013.
- Cat food in Bulgaria is dominated by multinational companies. The first three places were taken in 2012 by Mars Bulgaria with 42%, followed by Nestlé Bulgaria AD with 31% and Royal Canin with 11% retail value share. Despite its impressive retail value share of 42%, Mars Bulgaria lost six percentage points in 2012 due to the increased level of competition coming from lesser brand producers.
- Cat food is expected to record a CAGR of 6% in volume terms during the forecast period as a result of greater product variety and the increasing cat population. The number of single occupancy households is expected to increase in the forecast period and, since cats require less maintenance and time spent on keeping them than dogs, more people will prefer to take on cats.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cat Food Market Research Report
Sample Cat Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cat Food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cat Food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cat Food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cat Food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared cat food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
- What are growth prospects for pet care in the next 5 years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Cat Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Cat Owning Households: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Cat Population 2008-2013
- Table 3 Consumption of Prepared Cat Food: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Summary 1 Cat Food by Price Band 2013
- Table 4 Sales of Cat Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Cat Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Cat Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Cat Treats: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Cat Food in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Pongo & Bengie OOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 2 Pongo & Bengie OOD: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Pongo & Bengie OOD: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Pet care growth rate set to continue its acceleration in 2013
Increasing segmentation of pet care encourages growth
The competitive battle intensifies within pet care as a whole
Pet shops remain the most popular channel followed by modern retailing formats
Pet care will continue to develop at a similar rate in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Positive economic outlook benefits pet products sales
Pet adoption campaigns in Bulgaria are designed to encourage pet ownership
Changing lifestyles encourage pet ownership
New product development and value offers encourage the penetration of prepared food
Distribution channels become more diversified
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources