- Chile’s pet cat population grew much faster than its dog population throughout the review period. While this was partly because the former was emerging from a lower base, the increasing preference for cats was also due to demographic and social trends. Most notably, rising urbanisation, longer working hours and busier lifestyles made many Chileans more inclined to favour cats. Cats require less space and exercise than dogs and are thus much better suited to living in small urban apartments. Moreover, cats are much more independent if left at home alone for long periods, while their owners are at work or out. Healthy growth in the pet cat population along with pet humanisation trend remained the most important factors underpinning the positive development of cat food in 2014.
- Nestlé Chile is the leading player in cat food in 2014 with an overall value share of 30%. The company held leading positions in mid-priced wet and dry cat food thanks to the increasing popularity of its heavily advertised and widely distributed Purina Cat Chow brand. The company also saw the biggest increase in value share in 2014 of four percentage points. Nestlé was one of the main beneficiaries of consumer trade-up to added value cat food products and the pet humanisation trend. The company’s Purina range has a strong global reputation for quality, competes in both the premium and mid-priced segments and includes healthier age and lifestyle specific products such as Cat Chow Vida Sana. Nestlé’s performance was further bolstered by sustained investment in promotional activities, the expansion of its distribution network and the positive consumer response to new products introduced towards the end of the review period.
- The outlook for cat food over the forecast period remains healthy in spite of the economic slowdown that started at the end of 2014 and which is expected to continue until 2017. Volume and value CAGRs at constant 2015 prices are expected to be 5% and 10% respectively over the forecast period. This is in line with total volume growth recorded in 2009-2014, but higher in constant value terms, due to the growth of wet cat food and an ongoing premiumization trend.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cat Food Market Research Report
Sample Cat Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cat Food industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cat Food industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cat Food in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cat Food in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared cat food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
- What are growth prospects for pet care in the next 5 years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Cat Food in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Cat Owning Households: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 2 Cat Population 2010-2015
- Table 3 Consumption of Cat Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Cat Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Cat Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Cat Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cat Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 1 Cat Food by Price Band 2014
Cat Food in Chile - Company Profiles
Champion SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 2 Champion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Champion SA: Competitive Position 2013
Nutripro SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 4 Nutripro SA: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Nutripro SA: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Chile - Industry Context
Strong pet humanisation trend boosts sales in food and Other pet products
Mid-priced and premium players take share from economy players
Rapidly-changing lifestyles and urbanisation determine consumer pet preferences
Nutripro maintains its position as the leading player within a growing pet care market
Moderate but healthy growth expected despite economic deceleration cycle
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Number of smaller pets continues to grow rapidly amid changing demographics and lifestyles
Product innovation drives value and is crucial to attract consumer demand
Traditional grocery retailers channel continues to be a factor in overall market
- Table 15 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 25 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 6 Research Sources