- The anti-corruption crackdown carried out by the Xi administration starting in late 2012 continued to have residual effects in 2014 in its impact on sales of high-end spectacles, particularly in the sales of high-end sunglasses. However, underpinned by increasing urbanisation, consumers continued to trade up from low-end to mid-range products as a result of rising disposable incomes. These factors fuelled consumers’ willingness to spend more on their purchases of personal wear. Charmant, Oakley, Ray-Ban and Milido are leading brands to have dramatically benefited from an upgrade in consumption patterns in 2014.
- Luxottica (China) Investment continued to lead in spectacles in 2013, with a retail value share of 7%. The company manufactures spectacle frames and sunglasses and boasts an extensive brand portfolio. Armani, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana and Prada are licensed premium and luxury brands that are embraced by Chinese consumers. Luxottica’s own brands, including Ray-Ban, Oakley and Vogue, are also popular mid-priced products that are supported by a growing number of fashion-driven consumers. The company operates LensCrafters in China, in which consumers can not only purchase spectacle frames and sunglasses, but can receive eye health checks and professional advice on product maintenance.
- Spectacles is set to record a CAGR of 12% in value sales at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period, underpinned by steady consumer demand for vision-correcting or vision-protecting products. Fewer outdoor activities, along with increasing usage of electronic goods, such as computers and tablets, will lead to a year-on-year higher myopia rate among the Chinese population, which in turn will fuel sales of spectacles. Over the forecast period, spectacle lenses and spectacles frames will be the two categories with higher-than-market CAGRs in value sales at constant 2014 prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Spectacles Market Research Report
Sample Spectacles Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spectacles industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spectacles industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spectacles in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Do spectacle frames create more sales than spectacle lenses in China?
- Which type of spectacles do we spend more on – men’s, women’s or children’s?
- How are independent opticians coping with the emergence of health and beauty multiples?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our glasses and spectacles market research database.
Table of Contents
Spectacles in China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Spectacle Lenses by Type: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 Distribution of Spectacles by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Spectacles in China - Company Profiles
Shanghai Xinzu Eyewear Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 1 Shanghai Xinzu Eyewear Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Shanghai Xinzu Eyewear Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Xiamen Yarui Optical Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 3 Xiamen Yarui Optical Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Xiamen Yarui Optical Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Eyewear in China - Industry Context
Growth slows in eyewear despite stable consumer demand
Affordable, mid-priced products are preferred
The market remains fragmented due to large number of brands available
Optical goods stores continues to be the main channel
Steady market growth is expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
High myopia rate among teenagers in China
Eye clinics are increasingly preferred to obtain eye prescriptions
Optical goods stores remains the major channel
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 5 Research Sources