- The growing myopic population, particularly among primary school and secondary school students, has underpinned the solid consumer base for spectacles in China during the review period. The continuously increasing myopic population in 2015, as a result of high exposure to electronic devices, including mobile phones, computers and tablets, as well as the heavier study workloads of students, fuelled the steady consumer demand for spectacles in 2015.
- Luxottica (China) Investment Co Ltd remained in the leading position in spectacles in 2014, registering a retail value share of 7%. The company boasts an extensive brand portfolio to target different consumers’ needs, including licensed brands such as Armani, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana and Prada, marketed at the high-end market as well as its own brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley and Vogue, positioned as mid-priced. The wide range of brands, covering not only spectacle frames but also sunglasses, has gained great popularity among Chinese consumers with the rising pursuit of fashion and style. In addition to the retail brands that fuel the value growth of the company, Luxottica (China) Investment Co Ltd also operates chained optical shops, LensCrafters, to provide all-round service for the purchase of eyewear products, including professional advice, optometry services as well as product repair and maintenance.
- Spectacles is set to record a constant value CAGR of 6% over the forecast period, to reach CNY85.2 billion by 2020, driven by steady consumer demand. The myopic population is expected to further increase in China, especially among teenagers, due to their heavy study workloads. Moreover, neglect of eye protection and overuse of electronic devices such as tablets and mobile phones are also likely to trigger higher myopia rates year on year in China. Overall, an ever-expanding myopic population is anticipated to be the major driving force behind steady growth of the market over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Spectacles Market Research Report
Sample Spectacles Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spectacles industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spectacles industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spectacles in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Do spectacle frames create more sales than spectacle lenses in China?
- Which type of spectacles do we spend more on – men’s, women’s or children’s?
- How are independent opticians coping with the emergence of health and beauty multiples?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our glasses and spectacles market research database.
Table of Contents
Spectacles in China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Spectacle Lenses by Type: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 8 Distribution of Spectacles by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Spectacles in China - Company Profiles
Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 1 Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
Xiamen Yarui Optical Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 3 Xiamen Yarui Optical Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Xiamen Yarui Optical Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
Eyewear in China - Industry Context
Growth of eyewear decelerates in 2015
High myopia rate also drives the steady growth
International players lead in a fragmented market
Optical shops continues to dominate, while internet retailing soars
Steady consumer demand is expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Myopia rate remains high in China
Legislation on eyewear sales remains strict
Optical shops continue to dominate
Rising disposable income fuels trading-up demand
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 5 Research Sources