- Polarised development in the spectacles category in China witnessed players catering to both mass and premium users’ needs over the review period, resulting in vigorous retail value growth in 2013. The opening of low-cost optical goods stores, such as Sanye Spectacles Town in Shanghai, offering glasses at around RMB100.00-200.00 per pair, stimulated the low-end of the category. On the other hand, high-end optical store chains, such as Baodao and LensCrafters, are expanding their nationwide networks of outlets, to meet the individual needs of premium consumers.
- Officially debuting in China in 2006, Luxottica (China) Investment Co was the number one player in spectacles, with a retail value share of 6%, in 2012. Targeting the high-end demographics, the company distributes its own brands, including Ray-Ban, and a number of licensed premium and luxury brands, including Chanel, Bvlgari, Polo, and Dolce & Gabbana. Some of its chained LensCrafters optical goods stores in China even provide eye health checks and treatment for customers.
- Spectacles is projected to record a dynamic constant value CAGR of 13% over the forecast period, underpinned by the steady growth of the myopic population among young consumers and the greying population in China, which will lead to rising demand for spectacles. Less outdoor exercise, coupled with long-term use of personal computers and tablets are among the main reasons for the high myopia rate among Chinese children, resulting in increasing ownership of spectacles among school children over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Spectacles Market Research Report
Sample Spectacles Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spectacles industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spectacles industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spectacles in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Do spectacle frames create more sales than spectacle lenses in China?
- Which type of spectacles do we spend more on – men’s, women’s or children’s?
- How are independent opticians coping with the emergence of health and beauty multiples?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our glasses and spectacles market research database.
Table of Contents
Spectacles in China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Spectacle Lenses by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 Distribution of Spectacles by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Spectacles in China - Company Profiles
Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 1 Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 3 Jiangsu Wanxin Optical Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Eyewear in China - Industry Context
Eyewear remains vigorous although growth slows
High myopia rate and rising disposable incomes lead to buoyant growth
International players lead in a highly fragmented and competitive market
Optical goods stores still crucial to distribution
Dynamic value growth expected for eyewear
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Rising disposable income fuels growth
Stricter legislation on eyewear sales
Optical goods stores increasingly important
High myopia rate among students in China
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources