- In 2012 wound care witnessed current value growth of 5%, compared with the review period CAGR of 7% in current value terms. It is a well-established and mature category, and due to a lack of innovation in wound care, the year-on-year growth from 2007 to 2012 witnessed a slowdown.
- Johnson & Johnson (India) continued to lead wound care with a 71% value share in 2012. The company maintained its leading position due to its brands Band-Aid and Dynacrepe, which were the leading brands in sticking plasters/adhesive bandages and gauze, tape and other wound care respectively. Johnson & Johnson (India) is known for its high-quality medication in the country, and its products have well-established brand value amongst consumers; hence the company continued to lead in 2012.
- Wound care is expected to increase by a constant value CAGR of 4% in the forecast period 2012-2017. This growth will be driven by the increased use of gauze, tape and other wound care products, due to wounds caused by exercising, sports, trekking and other outdoor activities, which are expected to witness a rise in the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wound Treatments Market Research Report
Sample Wound Treatments Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wound Treatments industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wound Treatments industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wound Treatments in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wound Treatments in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- What novel technologies are being used in sticking plasters/adhesive bandages?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Wound Care in India - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Wound Care Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 4 Wound Care Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in India - Industry Context
Increased awareness of OTC products fuels the growth of consumer health
Increasingly fast-paced lives drive the growth of weight loss supplements
The competitive environment continues to be highly fragmented
Grocery retailers carve a niche in the distribution of consumer health products
Consumer health is expected to maintain strong growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Self-medication picks up amongst the urban population
Herbal/traditional products attract consumers
Bollywood celebrities and sports stars are recruited to drive sales
Lifestyle changes drive the growth of unconventional OTC products
Distribution of consumer health products continues to be dominated by chemists/pharmacies
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
East and Northeast India
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Rural-Urban % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 15 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources