- Wound care registered value growth of 5% in 2013. It grew the slowest in total consumer heath during the year as it is a mature category with a lack of company activity in terms of innovation and promotion/marketing.
- Johnson & Johnson (India) Ltd continued to be the leader with a 71% market share in terms of value in 2013. The company, with its flagship brand Band Aid for sticking plasters/adhesive bandages, is synonymous with sticking plasters. Also, the company’s brand for gauze, tape and other wound care, Dynacrepe, is also a well-established brand.
- Being a mature category with a lack of innovation and marketing by companies, wound care will see a stable value CAGR at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wound Treatments Market Research Report
Sample Wound Treatments Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wound Treatments industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wound Treatments industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wound Treatments in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wound Treatments in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- What novel technologies are being used in sticking plasters/adhesive bandages?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Wound Care in India - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in India - Industry Context
Awareness of OTC medicines continues to be low
Health and wellness witnesses strong growth among urban consumers
Competition between domestic and international companies remains intense
Chemists/pharmacists are the leading retail channel in 2013
Sports nutrition is expected to lead value sales growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Herbal/traditional medicines continue to dominate consumer health
Changing urban lifestyles drive the growth of health and wellness
Retail sales via unconventional channels witness strong growth in 2013
Knowledge of OTC options continues to be low among the rural population
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
East and Northeast India
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Rural vs Urban: % Value 2013
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources