- Mobile phones continued to be the most dynamic category in consumer electronics during 2014, both globally and on a domestic level. Towards the end of the review period, Indonesian mobile phones closely followed international development through the presence of leading international players by introducing their latest technology to consumers. Indonesia is increasingly becoming a war zone to a growing number of mobile phone manufacturers, both international and domestic, as they try to seize the opportunity from the growing market of the fourth populated country in the world, where mobile communication is an important aspect to daily life and ownership reaches to the lowest income segment.
- Samsung Electronics Indonesia PT continued its leadership of Indonesian mobile phones during 2013, with 21% retail volume share. The company offers both feature phones and smartphones. In feature phones, however, Nokia (of Nokia Indonesia PT) remained as the leading brand. Samsung’s extensive range of products offered to Indonesia covering the low income segment in feature phones, and affordable entry level smartphones up to premium phones have been its key success in winning the largest consumer base in the country. In smartphones, in particular, it emerged as a leader after taking over Blackberry’s declining sales throughout the review period. Android base operating system is another means to its success as being the rising star of mobile operating system in the country.
- The offsetting effect of growing penetration of smartphones at the expense of the declining rate of feature phones result in low growth for total mobile phones over the forecast period with a 3% retail volume CAGR. Smartphones is set to take over sales of feature phones by 2018 and become the dominant type as the latter will be increasingly left behind. The growing penetration rate of internet users will also facilitate growth of smartphones across the forecast period, especially the improved infrastructure, which will result in network coverage expanding and eventually reaching the remote rural areas.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Indonesia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Indonesia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Indonesia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Indonesia?
- What are the major brands in Indonesia?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Indonesia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Mobile Phones by Type of Contract: % Retail Volume 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Mobile Phones by Rural vs Urban: % Retail Volume 2013-2018
- Table 14 Sales of Smartphones by Operating System: % Retail Volume 2010-2015
Mobile Phones in Indonesia - Company Profiles
Hartono Istana Teknologi PT in Consumer Electronics (Indonesia)
- Summary 1 Hartono Istana Teknologi PT: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Hartono Istana Teknologi PT: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Hartono Istana Teknologi PT: Competitive Position 2013
Smartfren Telecom Tbk PT in Consumer Electronics (Indonesia)
- Summary 4 Smartfren Telecom Tbk PT: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Smartfren Telecom Tbk PT: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Smartfren Telecom Tbk PT: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Electronics in Indonesia - Industry Context
Consumer electronics cools down after enjoying more than a decade of double-digit growth
Smartphones and tablets are replacing various other consumer electronics
Local players continue to increase their shares
Low penetration rate ensures sustainable growth in future
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Weakening Rupiah inflates unit prices across consumer electronics
Rural versus urban
Local brands continue to soar
Indonesian consumers are socially influenced
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 19 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 20 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 7 Research Sources