- Mobile phones continued its ascent in 2012, although its volume growth rate started to slow down from a high seen in 2011. While smartphones volume sales continued to soar, feature phones started to stabilise in growth. The bulk of mobile phones sales in Indonesia remains those of feature phones as of 2012, but smartphones are quickly catching up. Most new product launches with significant impact in 2012 have been smartphones, ranging from Asha by Nokia to BlackBerry Z10 by Research in Motion Ltd. However, it is noteworthy that Indonesian consumers place more emphasis on the operating system of the smartphone when making a purchase rather than focusing on the brand.
- Nokia held on to its lead in 2012 for overall mobile phones. Nonetheless, its volume share percentage has eroded rapidly especially from 2010 onwards with the onslaught of smartphones, where it is not one of the leading players. Therefore, its reliance on its feature phones’ leadership has begun to threaten its top spot. Samsung in particular, has threatened Nokia the most. Although it has also lost volume share percentage with the rising presence of smaller players, by 2012 the gap between Samsung’s and Nokia’s volume shares had narrowed down to the extent that Samsung is poised to take over the leadership from 2013.
- Mobile phones is set to post a modest performance in the forecast period, as the growth is expected to be tapered down from the review period. This is still considered a strong achievement given the rapidly improving penetration rate. A lot of growth will be driven by the continued expansion of consumer bases in rural areas, as well as shorter replacement rates of the products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Indonesia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Indonesia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Indonesia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Indonesia?
- What are the major brands in Indonesia?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Indonesia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Smartphones by Operating System 2009-2014
- Table 2 Mobile Phones by Type of Contract 2007-2012
- Table 3 Mobile Phones: Urban vs Rural
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 7 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 10 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Mobile Phones in Indonesia - Company Profiles
Metrotech Jaya Komunika Indonesian PT in Consumer Electronics (Indonesia)
- Summary 1 Metrotech Jaya Komunika Indonesia PT: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Metrotech Jaya Komunika Indonesia PT: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Electronics in Indonesia - Industry Context
Overall the consumer electronics market continues to show strong value growth in 2012
Product upgrade a key theme in 2012
Tablets and other portable computers continues to shine
Steady performance ahead
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The emerging middle-class phenomenon continues to fuel consumer electronics sales
The increasing mobility of Indonesian consumers drives the demand of mobile gadgets
Internet retailing gains visibility while modern retailers become more significant
Rural vs urban
Increasing financial card usage and a sizeable banked population offer opportunities
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 20 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 21 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources