- The growing availability of smartphones at a wider range of price points in Saudi Arabia, as well as the progressive reduction in the overall unit prices of these phones, fuelled demand for these phones from a wider section of the consumer base in the country, thus supporting the strong growth rate recorded by smartphones in 2014. Furthermore, internet surfing and social media are quickly becoming favoured pastimes amongst Saudis, with the contagion effect causing more and more people to take up these pastimes, and thus invest in a smartphone as a means of gaining access. Accordingly, smartphones increased by 24% in retail volume terms in 2014.
- Nokia, distributed by Itsalat International, continued to lead feature phones in Saudi Arabia in 2013, with a 51% share of volume sales. Samsung, which is distributed by United Matbouli Group, was the second brand in this category with a 35% share of sales. LG, distributed by Axiom Telecom, was the third brand, with a 4% share. Of these three brands, it was the only one to gain share in 2013, having recorded a growth rate of 25% for the year, whilst the other two lost share year-on-year, recording losses of half to one percentage point in share in 2013.
- Mobile phones is predicted to increase by a retail volume CAGR of 1% over the forecast period 2013-2018. Feature phones is expected to see the poorest performance, with a negative retail volume CAGR of 17% over the forecast period. Meanwhile, smartphones is projected to see a retail volume CAGR of 15% over the same period. Mobile phones is an increasingly mature category in Saudi Arabia, as currently most people already possess at least one phone, and it is common to find people who have at least two phones at the same time. Thus over the forecast period demand is expected to be driven primarily by upgrades, replacements and switching rather than anything else.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Mobile Phones by Type of Contract: % Retail Volume 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Smartphones by Operating System: % Retail Volume 2010-2015
Consumer Electronics in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Rising levels of disposable income spur the growth of consumer electronics
The competition intensifies further amongst retailers within consumer electronics
Consumer preferences in Saudi Arabia increasingly reflect global consumer trends
The increasing popularity of multifunctional devices negatively impacts demand for some consumer electronics products
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
High consumer confidence underpins the growth of consumer electronics
Rapidly evolving consumer preferences negatively impact a growing number of categories within consumer electronics
Electronics and appliance specialist retailers continues to increase its dominance of consumer electronics
Internet connectivity becomes a key feature in Saudi consumers’ lifestyles
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources