- The tremendous growth which was recorded in mobile phones in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and 2013 was a result of the high penetration of mobile phone subscriptions in Saudi Arabia. According to the Communication and Information Technology Commission of Saudi, the number of mobile phone subscriptions in Saudi Arabia reached 53 million by the end of 2013, a very high penetration rate of 181.6%. The high penetration rate reflects the fact that almost every person in Saudi Arabia has two mobile phone subscriptions active at any given time. Growth in mobile phones in Saudi Arabia in 2012 was thus sustained by the proliferation of smartphones, a consumer electronics device which is rapidly coming to be seen as indispensable among Saudi consumers.
- Although Samsung is the leading brand in smartphones in Saudi Arabia, the unusually high proportion of feature phones among total mobile phones volume sales in Saudi Arabia means that Nokia, the leading brand in feature phones, is also the leading brand mobile phones overall. Nevertheless, Nokia is losing substantial volume share with each passing year due to high competition coming from smartphones in general, but specifically Samsung and HTC. Nokia’s ongoing volume share decline is primarily due to its failure to develop an attractive operating system which would appeal to consumers and application developers alike, although the Nokia’s move towards Windows 8 may change this situation. Saudi consumers generally prefer smartphones running on the Android operating system because of the high number of applications and games on offer for Android devices.
- Mobile phones in Saudi Arabia is expected to outperform all other consumer electronics categories in Saudi Arabia over the forecast period, rising in volume at a CAGR of 9% and in constant value at a CAGR of 11%. Such high growth rates are set to be driven mainly by changing consumer behaviour in terms of how Saudi people access the internet, not to mention the increasing attachment that Saudi people seem to have to being connected to their friends and family at all times. The rising demand for smartphones in Saudi Arabia is leading to declines in other consumer electronics categories such as portable players as smartphones replicate the functions of numerous other consumer electronics products in one device.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Electronics in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Performance of consumer electronics correlates with Saudi Arabia’s economic growth
Smartphones are changing the face of the Saudi consumer electronics industry
Telecommunications industry development influences consumer electronics
Positive consumer electronics outlook due to change in consumer attitude toward technology
Retailing environment for consumer electronics becomes more competitive
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Strong oil-backed economy fuels consumer demand for consumer electronics
High female unemployment rates negatively impact demand for consumer electronics
Competition in the retailing of consumer electronics becomes more fierce
Youngsters to continue driving demand for consumer electronics in Saudi Arabia
Connectivity is on the rise
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 16 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 17 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources