- The mobile phones category is set to decline by 5% in retail volume terms in 2014 due to the continued fall in sales of feature phones. Consumers are increasingly shifting towards smartphones, which offer a wide range of features and greater functionality, thereby providing consumers with additional convenience in their daily lives.
- Thai Samsung Electronics Co Ltd recorded the strongest increase in retail volume share, rising by 11 percentage points to 26% in 2013. It therefore overtook Nokia (Thailand) Ltd and Samart I-Mobile Plc to become the leading mobile phone player in 2013. Rapid mobile phone launches, including the Samsung Galaxy Note3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 containing new features in 2013, accompanied by strong marketing campaigns, were key in stimulating consumer interest.
- The mobile phones category is expected to record a retail volume CAGR of 1% over the forecast period. A stronger proliferation of mobile phone launches, with players able to price the products more affordably, will help to stimulate wider acceptance of mobile phones among rural consumers, which will support the retail volume growth of mobile phones in the forecast period. Consumers’ increased sophistication will also boost their desire to stay connected, further benefiting the performance of mobile phones in the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Thailand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Mobile Phones by Type of Contract: % Retail Volume 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Smartphones by Operating System: % Retail Volume 2010-2015
Mobile Phones in Thailand - Company Profiles
Samart I-Mobile Plc in Consumer Electronics (Thailand)
- Summary 1 Samart I-Mobile Plc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Samart I-Mobile Plc: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Samart I-Mobile Plc: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Samart I-Mobile Plc: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Electronics in Thailand - Industry Context
Consumer electronics decline in retail volume during 2014
Greater affordability of consumer electronics in 2014
Internet retailing continues to represent a key threat to traditional channels
Consumer electronics is set to still see positive retail volume growth in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Political instability slows 2014 GDP growth
Thailand launches digital TV in 2014
Rising penetration of smartphones attracts mobile operators to 4G network
Retailing of consumer electronics gains dynamism
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources