- Undoubtedly smartphones moved faster in terms of retail value growth and volume sales than feature phones in 2013. The retail price of smartphones continued to drop faster than the price of feature phones. There were many important factors supporting this trend. First, international brands and domestic brands competed aggressively to be the leader in smartphones. Second, replacement demand moved away from feature phones towards affordably priced smartphones. Third, telecommunications operators promoted sales of smartphones intensively, such as discounting the retail price, offering free internet connectivity for a limited time or discounting the monthly fees. On the other hand, feature phones stayed alive, since domestic players believe that there is a great deal of demand for feature phones, in particular amongst elderly people.
- Nokia (Thailand) held the highest volume sales in feature phones in Thailand in 2012, thanks to its wide offering. Although smartphones from Nokia are not as popular as those from Samsung and iPhones, Nokia has a strong reputation for quality, and its various products range from cheap feature phones to expensive models of smartphones. Nokia keeps reminding customers of the brand through strong advertising on commercial television.
- Over the forecast period, feature phones are projected to see less popularity; conversely, smartphones will increase their presence in Thailand. Over the next few years it is expected that smartphones will gain the majority of volume sales, overtaking feature phones. Simple models of feature phones are cheaper, at less than Bt1,000, whilst simple models of smartphones start from over Bt2,000.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Thailand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 Smartphones by Operating System 2009-2014
- Table 13 Mobile Phones by Type of Contract 2007-2012
Mobile Phones in Thailand - Company Profiles
Samart I-Mobile Plc in Consumer Electronics (Thailand)
- Summary 1 Samart I-Mobile PCL: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Samart I-Mobile PCL: Operational Indicators
- Chart 1 Samart I-Mobile PCL: I-Mobile in The Mall Ngamwongwan Branch
- Summary 3 Samart I-Mobile PCL: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Samart I-Mobile PCL: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Electronics in Thailand - Industry Context
Consumer electrics demonstrates a strong positive performance in 2013
Government policies help to drive volume sales of consumer electronics
2013 is the year of 3G infrastructure development and building-up the online customer base
Online retailing grows robustly, whilst store-based retailing dominates volume sales
Consumer electronics in Thailand has good growth prospects
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Moderate GDP growth and low unemployment help to boost sales of consumer electronics
Demographic trends and urbanisation change consumers’ lifestyles, benefiting consumer electronics
Robust volume growth of tablets is driven by “One Tablet PC per Child”
The internet, online retailing and online advertising see robust growth
Digital broadcasting is expected to be rolled-out soon
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 5 Research Sources