- Android phones continued to grow and claim more volume share in 2014. Nokia launched its first Android smartphones during the same year and the enormous hype that surrounded Apple and its iPhones in 2012 has started to fade, even though the company still has a strong market position in Sweden as the consumers see it as easier to stay with a smartphone and operating system that they know well.
- Doro AB led retail volume sales in feature phones in 2013 with 42% market share and 129,360 units sold. The company has claimed the number one spot on the market by offering mobile phones for senior citizens who seek simplicity and ease of use. This has become a great success with a growing older population and great technological advancements that make it difficult for people not used to these products to keep up. For smartphones, Samsung Electronics Nordic AB led the retail volume sales during 2013 with a 38% market share and 965,580 units sold. With that, the company finally passed Apple AB on the Swedish market. Samsung has been able to market and place itself as the most competent mobile phone producer in terms of both the specifications and its brand. By being a leader in the technological advancements for smartphones and by having a strong brand, Samsung has also been able to attract its own faithful followers, which Apple has been so good at.
- Mobile phones in Sweden is expected to have a 1% negative CAGR in retail volume terms over the forecast period and decline to 2,648,640 units sold by 2018. During the review period, mobile phones grew by a 2% CAGR in the same terms. The difference in growth is due to the transition to smartphones during the review period, when early adaptors updated their smartphones with a new purchase more often as the technological advancements came so frequently. The demand for mobile phones, and more specifically smartphones, is predicted to have stabilised over the forecast period and the number of mobile phones sold per year through retail will hover around 2.6 million units.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Sweden with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Sweden, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Sweden market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Sweden?
- What are the major brands in Sweden?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Sweden - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Mobile Phones by Type of Contract: % Retail Volume 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Smartphones by Operating System: % Retail Volume 2010-2015
Mobile Phones in Sweden - Company Profiles
DORO AB in Consumer Electronics (Sweden)
- Summary 1 Doro AB: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Doro AB: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Doro AB: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Electronics in Sweden - Industry Context
Laptops’ retail volume sales have reached bottom
Android continues to grow and makes the biggest technological leaps
Imaging devices lose out to smartphones
Wearable electronics devices are taking off
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Expected comeback for laptops within portable computers
A few glimmers of light in the economic climate
Internet retailing keeps growing substantionally
Wearable electronics takes off
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2010-2013
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources