- Consumer demand for accessibility, mobility and speed drove volume growth of smartphones in 2012.
- Apple AB led mobile phones in 2012 with a retail volume market share of 31%. The company is the leading player in smartphones where its iPhone brand holds a retail volume market share of 39% in 2012. Apple’s leadership of the category was linked to strong consumer associations with the Apple brand. Consumers proved willing to pay a premium for Apple branded consumer electronics due to the perception that the company’s products are high in quality, as well as fashionable.
- Volume growth for mobile phones over the forecast period will be driven by smartphones. Smartphones are expected to record volume growth of 26% over the forecast period. This is significantly less than the 611% growth recorded over the review period, a reflection of smartphones’ increased maturity on the market. Nevertheless, the expected growth for smartphones will contribute to mobile phones recording volume growth of 1% over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Sweden with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Sweden, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Sweden market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Sweden?
- What are the major brands in Sweden?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Sweden - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 Smartphones by Operating System 2009-2014
- Table 13 Mobile Phones by Type of Contract 2007-2012
Consumer Electronics in Sweden - Industry Context
Volume decrease recorded
Continued consolidation at retail level
Tablets register explosive growth
Volume sales expected to decrease
Internet retailing records growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Screens of all sizes for different consumers
Growing consolidation at retail level
Smartphones – the wallet of the future?
An economic climate of unease
Growth of streaming services raises TV licence questions
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources