- The consumer electronics giant Samsung Corp and the Swedish furniture giant Ikea presented a new era of charging options with the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) in 2015. In April 2015 Ikea launched the first furniture series ever which offers wireless charging directly in the furniture, completely without cables. The new wireless charging technique will make it possible for bedside tables, lamps and benches to also be used as charging stations for smartphones. People who buy these items of Ikea furniture will not have to be bothered with tangled cables in their homes any longer, but can just leave their smartphone on a piece of furniture, which will charge it without any hassle.
- Doro remained the clear leader in feature phones in 2015, with a 50% retail volume share. The company markets and sells phones for the older generation and for Swedes who look to have a simplified, easy to use phone without all the extras. The company’s share continued to increase in 2015, by three percentage points compared with 2014, and it was the fastest growing company. The increasing share of the company can be explained by the growing number of older people and new product launches. Doro 820 Claria and Doro 820 Mini Claria were launched in 2015; further developed versions of Doro Liberto 820 and Doro Liberto 820 Mini. The new feature phones are for blind people or people with low visibility. The phones are equipped with a tactile shell with ridges on the screen which allow the user to have reference points, and have a 100% talking interface. According to The World Health Organization there were over 2.5 million blind people and another 26 million people with visual impairments in Europe in 2010.
- According to a study carried out by Samsung Electronics Nordic and YouGov, Swedish people expect that 50% of mobile phones will become thinner, whilst 43% of them think that they will become better. 25% of Swedes think that smartphones will have curved screens and 28% think that the screen will cover the entire phone. There are even Swedes that expect that smartphones will soon be made from glass. All these figures describe what consumers expect, and thus give an indication of what mobile phone manufacturers will soon do. These expectations reflect that consumers will see thinner, better and fancier screen designs over the forecast period, which competitive and successful companies will have to live up to.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Sweden with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Sweden, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Sweden market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Sweden?
- What are the major brands in Sweden?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Sweden - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Mobile Phones by Type of Contract: % Retail Volume 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Smartphones by Operating System: % Retail Volume 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Smartphones by Screen Size: % Retail Volume 2015
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2011-2015
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2012-2015
- Table 10 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Channel: % Volume 2010-2015
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Smartphones by Operating System: % Retail Volume 2015-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Smartphones by Screen Size: % Retail Volume 2015-2020
Mobile Phones in Sweden - Company Profiles
DORO AB in Consumer Electronics (Sweden)
- Summary 1 Doro AB: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Doro AB: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Doro AB: Competitive Position 2015
Consumer Electronics in Sweden - Industry Context
Increase in retail volume sales in 2015
Planned new tax might mitigate future sales in Sweden
The clear market leader remains Samsung Electronics Nordic
Internet retailing grows at the cost of electronics and appliance specialist retailers
Retail sales expected to grow
Key Trends and Developments
The positive impact of promising macroeconomic indicators might be cancelled out by additional taxes and legislation
Internet retailing continues to grow
Portable consumer electronics rocks consumer electronics in Sweden
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2012-2015
- Table 23 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Channel: % Volume 2010-2015
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 4 Research Sources