- Mobile phones are highly popular in the Netherlands. Consumers of all ages are reported to own at least one mobile phone, and the number of mobile phones in the Netherlands exceeds the population size.
- Apple Computer Benelux led mobile phones in 2012, thanks to doubling its volume sales. The company benefits from excellent brand recognition, as the iPhone is a pioneer in smartphones. The launch of the new iPhone 5 in 2012 strengthened its position as the first brand choice in smartphones amongst consumers in the Netherlands.
- Sales of feature phones are expected to show a strong declining trend over the forecast period, driven largely by the competition from smartphones and the retreat of prominent players in the market. Smartphones is likely to maintain its growth trend; however, the category is reaching saturation, and growth is expected to be less explosive than it was in the review period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in the Netherlands - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 Smartphones by Operating System 2009-2014
- Table 13 Mobile Phones by Type of Contract 2007-2012
Consumer Electronics in the Netherlands - Industry Context
As Dutch consumers opt for repairs over new purchases, consumer electronics suffers in 2013
Growing connectivity influences buying behaviour
Consumers want mobility and multifunctionality close at hand
Internet retailing going strong
Growth in consumer electronics is threatened by saturation and cannibalisation
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Economic slump forces players to adjust
Consumers search for lower prices
Consumers demand connectivity and multi-functionality
Internet retailing expands
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources