- Volume sales of smartphones reached 97.7 million handsets in the US 2012, with volume sales increasing by 26%. The smartphone has emerged as a vital tool for personal and business communications, quickly replacing basic feature phones as an essential purchase for the majority of US consumers. 2012 saw the advent of low cost, affordable smartphones as the ownership of handsets based on the Android operating system expanded rapidly.
- Apple remained the leading player in smartphones in the US in 2012 with a 34% retail volume share. The company’s iPhone brand was rejuvenated with the launch of the iPhone 5 in September 2012 and the iPhone 5S in September 2013. The iPhone remains the single most desirable smartphone band available in the US and this is the basis for Apple’s status as the leading company in the category. Apple is able to command high unit prices for its consumers, even after wireless subsidies.
- Having recorded staggering growth over the course of the previous decade, the rapidly maturing category of mobile phones in the US is set to achieve maturity at some point during the forecast period. Growth rates in mobile phones overall are expected to remain very low, with new launches and short two-year replacement cycles the most likely drivers of new acquisitions among the vast majority of US consumers who are existing mobile phone consumers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in USA with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in USA, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in USA market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in USA?
- What are the major brands in USA?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in the US - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Electronics in the US - Industry Context
Slower but positive growth story in 2012/13
Consolidation influences competitive environment and sets the scene for the forecast period
Explosive growth recorded in tablets and other portable computers
Slow overall growth expected through 2017
Ongoing growth in online channels
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumer spending up, but industry dependent on holiday period
US consumers embrace the ‘multiscreen environment’
The competitive environment in portable consumer electronics becomes more concentrated
Growth in online retailing recorded despite unfavourable sales tax legislation
Data privacy concerns loom large for US citizens
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 16 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 17 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources