- The high reliability or dependency of Malaysians on mobile phones was one of the key trends to retain the dynamic growth of mobile phones’ sales. Similar to many regional or global consumers, Malaysians place great importance on their mobile phones, whereby many reportedly do not like to pass a day without their mobiles. The device despite being small in size has an immeasurable impact on lifestyles or behaviour and new styles of human communication and socialising.
- Samsung Malaysia Electronics recorded the strongest increase in volume share to retain its lead of mobile phones with 37% volume share during 2012. Rapid new product launches that are packed with technology and features such as Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note 2 continued to be the key driver for the company’s strong performance in 2012. Samsung’s aggressive marketing campaigns including television advertisements further aroused consumers’ interests in 2012.
- Over the forecast period, mobile phones is expected to register positive volume growth although at a slower rate than the review period. This is mainly due to the already high penetration of mobile phones that will see mobile phones’ purchases largely being replacement purchases. The increased pickup of mobile phones through two-year contract plans will also see consumers less likely to replace their phones regularly to avoid the penalty fee.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Mobile Phones Market Research Report
Sample Mobile Phones Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mobile Phones industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mobile Phones industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mobile Phones in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Mobile Phones in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- What is the growth rate for Mobile Phones in country?
- How many 3G mobile phones were sold last year?
- How will the introduction of 4G mobile phones impact the mobile phone market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Electronics market research database.
Table of Contents
Mobile Phones in Malaysia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Mobile Phones: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Mobile Phones by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Mobile Phones: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 Smartphones by Operating System 2009-2014
- Table 13 Mobile Phones by Type of Contract 2007-2012
Consumer Electronics in Malaysia - Industry Context
Consumer electronics registers positive volume growth in 2012
Convenience surrounds consumer electronics
Consumers increasingly favour devices based on portability
Electronics and appliance specialist retailer as key distribution channel
Consumer electronics will slow over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Easy payment plans drive sales
Shopping at electronics and appliance specialist retailers
Positive economic conditions benefit consumer electronics
Implementation of 4G network
Need for online connectivity drives consumer electronics
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Electronics: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Electronics by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Electronics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources