- Toilet care is already a mature category in Finland, and for the first time in years registered a value sales decline in 2014. As the economic instability continued in Finland and unemployment increased, the price became a more important factor in making purchasing decisions. The category did not lack interesting and innovative new product development, but this was not enough to keep consumers loyal to the brands. After comparing prices, more Finns decided to try out economy and private label products in order to save money. Still, many interesting trends were present in new product development as more ecologically friendly products were launched due to increasing environmental concerns. Also, more multi-purpose toilet care products were introduced such as the new Duck Fresh Strip 4-in-1, which offered a complete solution for not only cleaning and refreshing but also maintaining the toilet in good condition. And once again manufacturers launched more multipack packages, thus responding to consumer demand for lower spending as multipacks offer a way to save money.
- Transmeri Oy Ab continued to lead the category with a 48% value share in 2014. Transmeri is a privately owned Finnish company, which holds the right to market the popular and strong multinational brands by SC Johnson & Son. Transmeri’s lead is a result of the popularity of the WC Duck brand, which was the leading brand within toilet liquids and ITBs in 2014. Its products enjoy excellent distribution and prime shelf positioning, and see regular as well as innovative product development.
- Toilet care in Finland will continue to benefit from the migration from multi-purpose products to toilet care products over the forecast period. However, at the same time the category will face maturity and an increase in private label sales, which will undermine its growth potential. Nonetheless, should the economy improve faster, toilet care products will also benefit from people trading up, as consumers will be able to afford more premium products for their toilets and seeking increased convenience. They will be looking for products that help them not only maintain their toilets’ cleanliness, but also prolong the lifespan of their toilet bowls with less effort.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Toilet Care Market Research Report
Sample Toilet Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Toilet Care industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Toilet Care industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Toilet Care in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Toilet Care in Finland?
- What are the major brands in Finland?
- What are the future prospects for the toilet care products?
- What are the key new product launches in the toilet care products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Toilet Care in Finland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Toilet Care in Finland - Company Profiles
S Group in Home Care (Finland)
- Summary 1 S Group: Key Facts
- Summary 2 S Group: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 S Group: Competitive Position 2014
Transmeri Oy Ab in Home Care (Finland)
- Summary 4 Transmeri Oy Ab: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Transmeri Oy Ab: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Transmeri Oy Ab: Competitive Position 2014
Unilever Finland Oy in Home Care (Finland)
- Summary 7 Unilever Finland Oy: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Unilever Finland Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 9 Unilever Finland Oy: Competitive Position 2014
Home Care in Finland - Industry Context
Unstable economy hampers value sales
Value-added products compete against private label
International companies lead sales
Consumers head to retailers that offer the best deals
Improving but modest growth predicted
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Unemployment increases in Finland
Manufacturers improving formulas to reflect greener values
Private label continues to benefit from the unstable economy
- Table 7 Households 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 13 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 14 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 10 Research Sources