- In October 2011 category leader SC Johnson & Son (NZ) Pty Ltd launched the Duck Fresh Patch. Similar to the concept of the Duck Fresh Discs (gel tabs), the Duck Fresh Patch adheres to the toilet bowel and with every flush releases a foaming cleansing gel and fragrance. This reflected the ongoing commitment to innovation by the company, in its bid to boost the shrinking value of the toilet care category.
- SC Johnson & Son (NZ) Pty Ltd continued to dominate toilet care with a 52% value share in 2012, which was broadly in line with its share the previous year. The toilet care brand leader, Duck, posted a value share of 51% and continued to be the most innovative brand in the category. The company introduced its Duck Fresh Patch, complementing the existing range of Duck Fresh Discs and Duck toilet liquids.
- The key trend in toilet care over the forecast period will be the change in product format. With in-cistern devices likely to become a less relevant category due to the new style toilets that have cisterns built into the wall, demand for in-cistern products is expected to continue to fall over the forecast period. Therefore, ITBs are likely to become more popular, along with other cleaning methods such as toilet care wipes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Toilet Care Market Research Report
Sample Toilet Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Toilet Care industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Toilet Care industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Toilet Care in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Toilet Care in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- What are the future prospects for the toilet care products?
- What are the key new product launches in the toilet care products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Toilet Care in New Zealand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Toilet Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Toilet Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Toilet Care in New Zealand - Company Profiles
Ecostore Ltd in Home Care (New Zealand)
- Summary 1 Ecostore Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Ecostore Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Home Care in New Zealand - Industry Context
Growth despite price discounting
Convenience a key factor for consumers with busy lifestyles
Domestic companies perform well
Supermarkets continue to dominate
Innovative products to drive growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Convenience factor remains paramount
Development in product formulation drives category performance
Product extensions improve brand share
Health and wellness, as well as eco-trends, remain relevant
Domestic companies gain share through innovation
- Table 7 Households 2007-2012
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Home Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 11 Home Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Home Care by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Home Care by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources