- An increase in new dwellings and renovations has resulted in many houses having more than one toilet facility, which had a positive impact on toilet care in 2013. The trend of having multiple water closet facilities, such as toilets within bathrooms, along with the growth of en-suite facilities in the master bedroom, have together resulted in growth of toilet care sales. In addition, consumers place an emphasis on cleaning the toilet area within a home, especially in comparison to other areas within the house.
- SC Johnson & Son (NZ) Pty continued to lead toilet care with a value share of 46% in 2013; however, the company registered the largest decrease during the year, sliding down by four percentage points compared with its 2012 value share of 50%. The company’s Duck brand continued to be the leading product with a 46% value share in 2013, with nearly half of all toilet care products being under the Duck brand. Nonetheless, 2013 saw less advertising for the Duck brand, and Duck Patch, which was introduced in 2012, did not perform as strongly as expected; however, the main factor in the drop in value share of the company was the withdrawal of the Jeyes brand within in-cistern devices, resulting in lost value share overall.
- Sales of toilet care are expected to grow at a CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period, which is better than the decline registered over the review period. This stronger performance is expected as more-sophisticated toilet care products become available within New Zealand over the forecast period. Moreover, construction is expected to increase within New Zealand in line with housing growth in Auckland and the Christchurch rebuild. This will likely impact positively on toilet care, as new dwellings and renovations result in a higher number of toilets per household.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Toilet Care Market Research Report
Sample Toilet Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Toilet Care industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Toilet Care industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Toilet Care in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Toilet Care in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- What are the future prospects for the toilet care products?
- What are the key new product launches in the toilet care products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Toilet Care in New Zealand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Toilet Care in New Zealand - Company Profiles
Earthwise Group in Home Care (New Zealand)
- Summary 1 Earthwise Group: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Earthwise Group: Competitive Position 2013
Ecostore Ltd in Home Care (New Zealand)
- Summary 3 Ecostore Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Ecostore Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Home Care in New Zealand - Industry Context
Home care improves on previous year’s growth
Green brands become available in most categories
International brands remain strong
Bulk packs and parallel imports through other channels
Construction over the forecast period to revive home care category
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Green brands register growth
Co-branding emerges in home care
Polarisation of pack sizes
- Table 7 Households 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 13 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources