- Depilatories in Germany benefited from key advertising campaigns which were launched by major players in 2012. Procter & Gamble received a strong media presence when it used one of Germany’s Next Top Model’s in its Gillette Venus campaign in 2012, in order to better promote its extensive product range. These major marketing and advertising activities stimulated general demand for depilatories, and as a result consumers were more engaged in grooming and shaving. In times of economic uncertainty, consumers looked for ways to spend their money more wisely. Thus, many consumers switched to DIY hair removal in 2012, such as women’s razors and blades and hair removers/bleaches.
- Procter & Gamble, which is present in women’s razors and blades and women’s pre- shave, maintained its lead in depilatories in 2012, with an increase in its value share to reach 42%. The company benefited from its well-known Gillette Venus brand, accounting for a 56% share in women’s razors and blades in 2012. The company also dominates women’s pre-shave with its Gillette Satin Care brand, which held a 60% value share in 2012.
- Over the forecast period depilatories is set to register a decline in constant value terms. As the economy continues to look uncertain, over the forecast period many consumers are likely to continue to use depilatories at home, rather than visiting salons, to manage their expenses. However the continuing decline in Germany’s younger generation is expected to limit the performance of depilatories as a whole.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Depilatories Market Research Report
Sample Depilatories Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Depilatories industry in Germany with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Depilatories industry in Germany, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Depilatories in Germany market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Depilatories in Germany?
- What are the major brands in Germany?
- What is the most prevalent format in hair removal products?
- What are the key product development trends in razors and blades?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Depilatories in Germany - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Women's Razors and Blades by Type: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 4 Depilatories NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 Depilatories LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Depilatories in Germany - Company Profiles
Beiersdorf AG in Beauty and Personal Care (Germany)
- Summary 1 Beiersdorf AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Beiersdorf AG: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 3 Beiersdorf AG: Competitive Position 2012
Procter & Gamble GmbH in Beauty and Personal Care (Germany)
- Summary 4 Procter & Gamble GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Procter & Gamble GmbH: Competitive Position 2012
Beauty and Personal Care in Germany - Industry Context
Beauty and personal care continues to grow in 2012
Parapharmacies/drugstores leads beauty and personal care
“Greenwashing” cannibalises the sales of certified organic products
Men’s grooming gains momentum
Moderate retail value growth is expected
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Beauty and personal care retains its spark despite the economic downturn
Grooming gains importance in an ageing country
The demand for natural products is slowing down, but is still present
Innovations seen in beauty retailing concepts
Internet retailing picks up speed
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Beauty and Personal Care GBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 13 Beauty and Personal Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 14 Beauty and Personal Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources