- The 8% growth in current terms posted by hair care in 2012 is only marginally lower than the CAGR of the review period. The favourable evolution of unit prices in most hair care categories and good economic conditions allowed consumers to absorb price increases whilst maintaining volume purchases.
- In 2012 there were no changes in the rankings of hair care value sales and Unilever del Uruguay SA with a 32% value share remained at the top of the list, followed by L’Oréal Uruguay SA with 29% and Algorta SA with 25%. Direct sellers Cosméticos Avon de Uruguay SA and Nuvó Cosméticos SA with value shares of approximately 2% each complete the top five companies in this category. The top three companies have very wide portfolios and have maintained a decades-long presence in the Uruguayan market, becoming trusted names for most consumers. Whilst Unilever del Uruguay SA concentrates its presence in the two large categories of standard shampoo and conditioners, L’Oréal Uruguay SA and Algorta SA are present in most categories of hair care.
- In the last part of the review period, in many households of mid- and high-income level, there were as many different shampoos as persons, or even more as many consumers are using an antidandruff product, alternating it with a standard shampoo. This trend has been fuelled by the almost constant launching of new products and by the intense advertising from the main brands, and it is expected to remain strong during the forecast period as consumers will have more products to choose from to better fit their requirements.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Hair Care Market Research Report
Sample Hair Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in Uruguay with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in Uruguay, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Hair Care in Uruguay market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Hair Care in Uruguay?
- What are the major brands in Uruguay?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Hair Care in Uruguay - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Hair Care Premium Vs Mass % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Styling Agents by Type: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 Hair Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 6 Hair Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 7 Salon Hair Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 8 Salon Hair Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 9 Hair Care Premium Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Hair Care Premium Vs Mass % Analysis 2012-2017
Hair Care in Uruguay - Company Profiles
Algorta SA in Beauty and Personal Care (Uruguay)
- Summary 1 Algorta SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Algorta SA: Competitive Position 2012
Beauty and Personal Care in Uruguay - Industry Context
Value sales maintain the pace of the previous two years
Two acquisitions mark 2012
Market dominated by international companies and brands
Supermarkets remains on top
Overall growth loses momentum
- Table 13 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 17 Beauty and Personal Care Company Shares by NBO 2008-2012
- Table 18 Beauty and Personal Care Company Shares by GBO 2008-2012
- Table 19 Beauty and Personal Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources