- Thailand is one of many countries that have strong laws and regulations to prevent people from purchasing or smoking cigarettes in cooperation with many associations and organizations to create strategies to reduce the number of smokers. Main organizations helping create these strategies are Thailand Tobacco with the Office of Legislation and Litigation, Bangkok City Law, Bangkok Education, Thailand Association of Culture Sport and Tourism, and the Thailand Medical Association. The goals are to prevent new smokers, to encourage and reduce the use of cigarettes and tobacco, to support smoking-free environmental areas, and to build strength and develop the capability of Thailand Tobacco to strongly reduce and control cigarettes or tobacco amounts in the country. To support these goals and strategies to achieve them, there are public relations campaigns to raise awareness, spread news and educate people to learn more about tobacco laws that are in effect in the country
- Thailand’s tobacco industry holds the majority of market shares in cigarettes and Thailand Tobacco Monopoly (TTM) had the dominant volume share in 2013. TTM is still the major player in cigarettes as the organization is a state-owned enterprise under the Ministry of Finance and the only domestic tobacco producer in Thailand. Besides that, international companies Philip Morris (Thailand) and Japan Tobacco International hold volume shares in cigarettes as well.
- Value sales of cigarettes are expected to increase at a CAGR of 3% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period due to higher increases in unit price and taxation. Despite still growing volume sales are expected to post a CAGR of only 1% between 2013 and 2018.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cigarettes Market Research Report
Sample Cigarettes Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigarettes in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigarettes in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- What is the legislative environment like in Thailand?
- What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Thailand?
- Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Thailand?
- What is the rate of illicit trade in Thailand?
- How many smokers are there in the country?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigarettes in Thailand - Category Analysis
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Cigarettes: New Product Launches
Cigarettes: price bands
- Summary 2 Cigarette Price Band Definitions
Cigarettes: tobacco blend
Cigarettes: carbon/standard filter
Cigarettes: filter length
Cigarettes: regular vs slims vs superslims vs microslims
Cigarettes: pack size
Cigarettes: pack type
- Table 1 Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Cigarettes by Price Band: % Volume Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Cigarettes by Standard/Menthol/Capsule: % Volume Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Cigarettes by Tobacco Type: % Volume Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Cigarettes by Filter vs Non-filter: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Filter Cigarettes by Carbon vs Non-carbon: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Cigarettes by Length: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Cigarettes by Regular/Slim/Superslim/Microslim: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Cigarettes by Pack Size: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Cigarettes by Pack Type: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Cigarettes: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarettes: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Cigarettes by Distribution Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 17 Production, Imports and Exports of Cigarettes: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: Value 2013-2018
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Tar Level: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Price Band: % Volume Breakdown 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Standard/Menthol/Capsule: % Volume Breakdown 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Tobacco Type: % Volume Breakdown 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Filter vs Non-filter: % Volume 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Filter Cigarettes by Carbon vs Non-carbon: % Volume 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Length: % Volume 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Regular/Slim/Superslim/Microslim: % Volume 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Pack Size: % Volume 2013-2018
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Cigarettes by Pack Type: % Volume 2013-2018
Cigarettes in Thailand - Company Profiles
Philip Morris (Thailand) Ltd in Tobacco (Thailand)
- Summary 3 Phillip Morris Thailand Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Philip Morris Thailand Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Thailand Tobacco Monopoly in Tobacco (Thailand)
- Summary 5 Thailand Tobacco Monopoly: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Thailand Tobacco Monopoly: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Thailand Tobacco Monopoly: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 8 Thailand Tobacco Monopoly: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Thailand - Industry Context
Thai laws on anti-smoking continue to have negative impact on sales growth
Thailand Tobacco Monopoly dominates tobacco industry
Tobacco products see continuous sales increases
AEC market contributes to tobacco growth
Overall tobacco products will continue to grow, albeit at slower rate
Legislative overview/FCTC ratification
- Summary 9 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 31 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 32 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 33 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty-paid packet marks
- Table 34 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 35 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 36 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 37 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 38 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 39 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 40 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 41 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 42 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 43 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 44 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 45 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 10 Research Sources