- The steady increase in volume sales of beer in 2013 was mostly due to improved disposable incomes which boosted consumer confidence and spending. The beer-drinking audience was particularly sensitive to promotional activities and offers hence boosting sales of beer.
- The competitive environment was considerably aggressive in the current year especially between the two key players Brasseries du Cameroun and Guinness Cameroon. Brasseries du Cameroun, which consolidated its leadership position in the beer category with an 78% share, responded to the promotions and sponsorship of stout leader Guinness by driving two promotional campaigns for its Amstel and Castel Beer brands, respectively. SABC’s Castel Beer 65Cl pack size campaign was strategically driven in the Littoral, South-West and West regions under the slogan ‘One people, one beer’.
- The continuous improvements in consumer purchasing power and awareness are likely to further increase the number of beer consumers in Cameroon over the forecast period. Hence value sales of beer at constant 2013 prices are expected to see a positive CAGR of 8%. Whilst categories, such as low/non-alcoholic beer, are expected to perform well as consumers seek healthier drinks, the overall gain in beer volume sales will stem from the strong performance of the beer category as a whole.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Beer Market Research Report
Sample Beer Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Beer in Cameroon - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
Lager price band methodology
- Summary 1 Lager by Price Band 2013
- Table 1 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2009-2013
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2009-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2010-2013
- Table 12 Production, Imports and Exports of Beer: Total Volume 2007-2012
- Table 13 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Volume 2007-2012
- Table 14 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Value 2007-2012
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2013-2018
Beer in Cameroon - Company Profiles
Brasseries du Cameroun in Alcoholic Drinks (Cameroon)
- Summary 2 Brasseries du Cameroun: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Brasseries du Cameroun: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Brasseries du Cameroun: Competitive Position 2013
Guinness Cameroon SA in Alcoholic Drinks (Cameroon)
- Summary 5 Guinness Cameroon SA : Key Facts
- Summary 6 Guinness Cameroon SA: Competitive Position 2013
Alcoholic Drinks in Cameroon - Industry Context
Alcoholic drinks volume sales in Cameroon continue to grow in 2013
Promotional activities intensify as players compete aggressively
Brasseries du Cameroun maintains its leading position in volume sales
On-trade volume sales post strong positive growth in 2013
Strong growth projected over the forecast period
TAXATION AND DUTY LEVIES
- Table 19 Taxation and Duty Levies on Alcoholic Drinks 2013
- Table 20 Typical Wholesaler and Retailer Off-trade Mark-ups by Selected Sectors 2013
- Table 21 Selling Margin of a Typical Beer Brand 2013
- Table 22 Selling Margin of a Typical Imported Wine Brand 2013
- Table 23 Selling Margin of a Typical Imported Spirits Brand 2013
KEY NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- Table 24 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2008-2013
- Table 25 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 26 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2008-2013
- Table 27 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 28 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 29 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2013
- Table 30 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2013
- Table 31 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2013
- Table 32 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2013
- Table 33 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2009-2013
- Table 34 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2008-2013
- Table 35 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format by Category: % Off-trade Volume 2013
- Table 36 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2013-2018
- Table 37 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2013-2018
- Table 38 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 39 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 7 Research Sources