- The rapidly increasing young population in Saudi Arabia, along with the preference for Westernised lifestyles, is continuing to have an impact on driving sales of beer. Nonetheless, due to Islamic restrictions on alcohol, the majority of consumers are settling for the alternative choice of non/low alcohol beer, which has led manufacturers to introduce new fruit flavour variants, such as apple, strawberry, peach and lemon mint, to name just a few. This illustrates the high demand and fierce competition in the category, which can only be addressed by manufacturers through product innovation in the form of launching more exotic flavours. In addition, with the launch of exotic flavours also comes the consumer association of non/low alcohol beer with a feeling of excitement, adventure and amusement, which is mainly shown in multiple types of advertising such as satellite television commercials and both indoor and outdoor posters and billboards.
- Feldschlösschen Getränke AG led beer in Saudi Arabia in 2015 with a 37% total volume share, achieved through its popular brand Moussy. The brand enjoys strong loyalty among non/low alcohol beer consumers, following the company’s successful strategy to continue to focus on youth-orientated communication and the use of social media to maximise its interaction with its target audience. For example, it works to engage with them regarding the latest introduction of flavours and company/brand news, or to invite them to participate in a survey or competition.
- Non/low alcohol beer in Saudi Arabia is expected to continue growing over the forecast period, with sales being boosted by the launch of new flavours. This is likely to continue to force the manufacturers in the category to work on product innovation, most likely in the form of new flavours. Following the launch of the Dragon Fruit flavour variant under the Holsten brand in 2014, other companies are expected to look to boost their share through further product launches over the forecast period. Young people seem to be greatly attracted to social media news, contests and other forms of interaction. Thus, the companies present in beer in Saudi Arabia are expected to continue to focus more on social media activities for brand-building purposes during the forecast period. These factors are likely to drive growth in beer, with non/low alcohol beer expected to see sales increase at a CAGR of 12% in total volume terms.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Beer Market Research Report
Sample Beer Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in- country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Saudi Arabia market research report inclyudes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Beer in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
- Table 1 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2012-2015
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2015-2020
Beer in Saudi Arabia - Company Profiles
Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC) in Alcoholic Drinks (Saudi Arabia)
- Summary 1 Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC): Key Facts
- Summary 2 Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC): Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC): Competitive Position 2015
Aujan Industries Co Ltd in Alcoholic Drinks (Saudi Arabia)
- Summary 4 Aujan Industries Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Aujan Industries Co Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Aujan Industries Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2015
Holsten-Brauerei AG in Alcoholic Drinks (Saudi Arabia)
- Summary 7 Holsten-Brauerei AG: Key Facts:
- Summary 8 Holsten-Brauerei AG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 9 Holsten-Brauerei AG: Competitive Position 2015
Alcoholic Drinks in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Non/low alcohol beer experiences strong growth in 2015
Array of flavour choices continues to support growth
Feldschlösschen Getränke AG retains its lead in alcoholic drinks in 2015 with its Moussy brand
Modern grocery retailers is still the main distribution channel in non/low alcohol beer
Robust growth expected to continue during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Westernisation continues to be main driver of demand
Social media plays a vital role in driving sales
Off-trade sales witness continued increase in 2015
No new product or flavour launches in 2015
- Table 16 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2015
- Table 22 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2015
- Table 23 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2015
- Table 24 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2015
- Table 25 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format and Category: % Off-trade Volume 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 10 Research Sources