- Saudi Arabia is home to a very high number of young people as the proportion of the Saudi population who can be considered young adults is very high. These young Saudis are very interesting in constantly updating their lifestyles to reflect that latest global trends and it is common that they are virtually always connected to the internet, either through their smartphones or through computers. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have high subscription levels in the country and this is generally how young Saudis exchange various different ideas, express themselves and obtain information about the latest Western trends relating to lifestyle, food and drink and fashion. The Saudi youth is strongly influenced by Western lifestyles and many young Saudis are determined to embrace western values through various means. This is evident in the increasing presence of international brands in the country in clothing, food and drinks. Low/non alcohol beer, for these reasons, is now highly popular among Saudi Arabian youth, many of whom associate it with a sense of adventure, the thrill of being young and a sense of being free-spirited. The category’s leading manufacturers, taking a cue from such attributes, have shifted the focus of their social media communications to reflect this, which has contributed to the popularity of low/non alcohol beer in the country in recent years.
- Feldschlösschen Getränke AG led beer in Saudi Arabia in 2013 with a 38% volume share through its flagship brand Moussy. The brand, which enjoys strong loyalty among low/non alcohol beer consumers, became more active on youth-oriented communication strategies towards the end of the review period, including utilising social media platforms to interact with its core target audience. The company constantly kept in touch with its consumers throughout the year through Moussy’s Facebook page, engaging followers of the page to engage in competitions, offer reviews and exchange information. In addition to this, the brand also enjoyed a strong presence in the growing number of retail distribution channels throughout the country owing to company’s efficiently supply chain. Such strategies helped company not only maintain its leadership position in beer during 2013 but also achieve the strongest growth in the category as its volume share increased by one percentage point over the course of 2013.
- Saudi Arabia’s vibrant youth is expected to continue experimenting with new types of beer during the forecast period and this is likely to push the companies present in the category to move towards product innovation. So far, the extent of new product development in low/non alcohol beer has been limited to the launch of new flavours. Following the 2013 launch of Barbican Fusion, the companies present in beer are expected to become more innovative with their ranges of different flavours. The companies present in beer in Saudi Arabia are also expected to make use of the growing penetration of online channels to reach out to consumers in ways which were simply impossible before. Young Saudi Arabians tend to be very keen on engaging in competitions and prize draws which require them only to click on an online link. Thus, the companies present in beer in Saudi Arabia are expected to pay more attention to social media activities for brand building purposes during the forecast period. These factors are likely to drive growth in beer during the forecast period, with non/low alcohol beer set to increase in total volume at a CAGR of 8% over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Beer Market Research Report
Sample Beer Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Beer in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
- Table 1 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2009-2013
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2009-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2010-2013
- Table 12 Production, Imports and Exports of Beer: Total Volume 2007-2012
- Table 13 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Volume 2007-2012
- Table 14 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Value 2007-2012
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2013-2018
Beer in Saudi Arabia - Company Profiles
Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC) in Alcoholic Drinks (Saudi Arabia)
- Summary 1 Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC): Key Facts
- Summary 2 Al Ahram Beverages Co (ABC) : Competitive Position 2013
Aujan Industries Co Ltd in Alcoholic Drinks (Saudi Arabia)
- Summary 3 Aujan Industries Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Aujan Industries Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Alcoholic Drinks in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Strong performance of low/non alcohol beer, in the absence of any other alcoholic drink
The popularity of online advertising and marketing continues to increase
Feldschlösschen Getränke AG leads alcoholic drinks in 2013 with its Moussy brand
Modern grocery retailers maintains its leading value share in alcoholic drinks
Forecast period expected to witness continuation of strong volume growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Westernisation driving demand for alcoholic drinks among Saudi youth
On-trade sales of alcoholic drinks perform strongly, remain on par with off-trade sales
Manufacturers shifting to online promotional channels
Key new product launches
- Summary 5 Key New Product Developments 2013
- Table 19 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2013
- Table 25 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2013
- Table 26 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2013
- Table 27 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2013
- Table 28 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2009-2013
- Table 29 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2008-2013
- Table 30 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format and Category: % Off-trade Volume 2013
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 34 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 6 Research Sources