- After decreasing beer consumption towards the end of the review period, beer in Switzerland posted a positive performance in total volume terms in 2014. Two main factors played a crucial role. Firstly, imported beer, mainly from Germany, Portugal and France, grew further in popularity; however, at a slower pace than in previous years. Secondly, and making the main difference compared with 2013, was the increase in value and volume sales of domestic beer, after years of decline over the review period.
- In 2014 Feldschlösschen Getränke remained the clear leader in beer in Switzerland, holding a total volume share of 41%. The traditional Swiss manufacturer is well-established in the Swiss beer culture, and profits from its knowledge of the Swiss consumer market. Offering a wide product range across all beer categories, including flavoured, premium, mid-priced and economy lager, the company is very popular amongst Swiss consumers. In addition, Feldschlösschen Getränke is the producer and distributor of several Carlsberg brands, as well as the distributor of Guinness from Diageo, the German non-alcohol beer Schneider Weisse Alkoholfrei and the Mexican Corona Extra brand.
- Over the forecast period beer is projected to experience total volume stagnation, with a better off-trade performance compared with on-trade. Since Swiss consumers are just getting to know the variety of beers available, with increasing interest in craft beer, speciality beer, dark beer, and, especially amongst younger consumers, different beer flavours, this trend is expected to strengthen in the coming years.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Beer Market Research Report
Sample Beer Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in- country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Switzerland market research report inclyudes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Beer in Switzerland - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
Lager price band methodology
- Summary 1 Lager by Price Band 2014
- Table 1 Number of Breweries 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 7 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 9 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2010-2014
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2010-2014
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2014
- Table 13 Production, Imports and Exports of Beer: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 14 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Exports of Beer by Country of Destination: Total Volume 2008-2013
- Table 17 Exports of Beer by Country of Destination: Total Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2014-2019
Beer in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Feldschlösschen Getränke AG in Alcoholic Drinks (Switzerland)
- Summary 2 Feldschlösschen Getränke AG: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Feldschlösschen Getränke AG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Feldschlösschen Getränke AG: Competitive Position 2014
Alcoholic Drinks in Switzerland - Industry Context
Return to volume growth for alcoholic drinks in Switzerland in 2014
Consumer behaviour shows a trend towards quality
Multinational beer companies continue to lead
Off-trade remains the predominant channel and outperforms on-trade in 2014
Alcoholic drinks is projected to see stagnation over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Good economic climate despite the insecurity caused by political events
Boom for microbreweries remains unstoppable
Cans and smaller bottles see high demand
Key new product launches
- Summary 5 Key New Product Developments 2014
- Table 22 Number of On-trade Establishments by Type 2009-2014
TAXATION AND DUTY LEVIES
- Summary 6 Taxation and Duty Levies on Alcoholic Drinks 2014
- Table 23 Typical Wholesaler and Retailer Off-trade Mark-ups by Selected Categories 2014
- Table 24 Selling Margin of a Typical Beer Brand in Retail Channel Which Does Not Use Wholesalers 2014
- Table 25 Selling Margin of a Typical Wine Brand in Retail Channel Which Does Not Use Wholesalers 2014
- Table 26 Selling Margin of a Typical Spirits Brand in Retail Channel Which Does Not Use Wholesalers 2014
- Table 27 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2009-2014
- Table 28 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 29 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 30 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 31 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 32 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2014
- Table 33 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2014
- Table 34 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2014
- Table 35 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2014
- Table 36 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2010-2014
- Table 37 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2009-2014
- Table 38 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format and Category: % Off-trade Volume 2014
- Table 39 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2014-2019
- Table 40 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2014-2019
- Table 41 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 42 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2014-2019
Published data comparisons
- Summary 7 Research Sources