- Beer in Switzerland recorded a static total growth in 2015, which can be regarded as a satisfactory result when considering the generally declines seen in per capita consumption of beer during the year as well as the common habit of shopping for beer across the border. The main factors preventing declines being seen in beer volume sales in 2015 included the constantly evolving diversity of new products in the category and the above-average summer experienced in the country during the year.
- Feldschlösschen Getränke remained in the leading position in beer in Switzerland in 2015 with a total volume share of 41%. The traditional Swiss manufacturer is well-established in Swiss beer culture and it continues to benefit from its excellent knowledge of Swiss consumers. Offering a wide product range across all beer categories including flavoured/mixed lager, premium lager, mid-priced lager and economy lager, the company is very popular among Swiss consumers. In addition, Feldschlösschen Getränke is the producer and distributor of several Carlsberg brands as well as the distributor of Diageo’s Guinness stout brand, the German non-alcoholic beer Schneider Weisse Alkoholfrei and the Mexican brand Corona Extra.
- Per capita consumption of beer in Switzerland’s is expected to drop to between 50 and 52 litres per person per year over the forecast period, according to a wide range of industry sources, while cross-border shopping tourism is expected to continue putting pressure on sales of beer in the country. Meanwhile, population growth caused by migration from the EU, the ongoing innovation trend in beer and the growing appeal of beer among female consumers are all likely to lead to a relatively stable and slow decline in total volume sales of beer over the forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Beer Market Research Report
Sample Beer Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in- country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Switzerland market research report inclyudes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Beer in Switzerland - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
Lager price band methodology
- Summary 1 Lager by Price Band 2015
- Table 1 Number of Breweries 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 9 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2012-2015
- Table 13 Production, Imports and Exports of Beer: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 14 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 15 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Exports of Beer by Country of Destination: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 17 Exports of Beer by Country of Destination: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2015-2020
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2015-2020
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2015-2020
Beer in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Heineken Switzerland AG in Alcoholic Drinks (Switzerland)
- Summary 2 Heineken Switzerland AG: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Feldschloesschen Getraenke AG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Feldschloesschen Getraenke AG: Competitive Position 2015
Alcoholic Drinks in Switzerland - Industry Context
Stable results recorded despite unfavourable persistent macro-trends
Swiss franc shock puts pressure on unit prices across the board
Craft is king of a micro kingdom
Integrated approach to distribution channels increasingly gaining traction
Innovation and premiumisation to counter steer declining per capita consumption
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The strong Swiss franc increasingly places pressure on the unit prices of alcoholic drinks
Declining per capita consumption of alcoholic drinks and its ties to the prevalent health, wellness and fitness trends
Premiumisation a driving factor in an adverse trading environment with generally declining per capita consumption
Key new product launches
- Summary 5 Key New Product Developments 2015
TAXATION AND DUTY LEVIES
- Summary 6 Taxation and Duty Levies on Alcoholic Drinks 2015
- Summary 7 Selling Margin of a Typical Beer Brand in Retail Channel Which Uses Wholesalers 2015
- Summary 8 Selling Margin of a Typical Wine Brand in Retail Channel Which Uses Wholesalers 2015
- Summary 9 Selling Margin of a Typical Spirits Brand in Retail Channel Which Uses Wholesalers 2015
- Table 22 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2010-2015
- Table 23 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2010-2015
- Table 24 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 26 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 27 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2015
- Table 28 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2015
- Table 29 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2015
- Table 30 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2015
- Table 31 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 32 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2010-2015
- Table 33 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format and Category: % Off-trade Volume 2015
- Table 34 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2015-2020
- Table 35 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2015-2020
- Table 36 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 37 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2015-2020
Published data comparisons
- Summary 10 Research Sources