- Over the review period non/low alcohol beer held a marginal share of overall beer volume sales, with the category being dominated by imported brands. However, at the end of 2014, Bavaria SA, the leading beer company, launched Aguila Cero, the first domestic non/low alcohol beer in the country, with this driving tremendous change in the category. At the beginning of the review period, sales of non/low alcohol beer barely reached 210,000 litres, but by 2015 this figure had risen nine million litres. This performance was largely fuelled by the widespread availability of Aguila Cero in all distribution channels, along with a favourable price compared to imported alternatives, which are only available in modern grocery outlets.
- Bavaria SA continued to lead beer in 2015 with a 98% volume share, with its sales up 7% on the previous year. This good performance was largely driven by Aguila Cero and brands like Aguila Light, Poker and Club Colombia. The company continued to promote large 750ml bottles, which are available only in the retail channel.
- Beer is set to post a total volume CAGR of 4% over the forecast period to reach sales of 2.9 billion litres by 2020. Although healthy, this will be a weaker performance than that of the review period. This will be down to the maturity of the mid-priced segment, which will continue to account for the majority of sales and will post the slowest performance, along with some consumers trading up to the premium segment but reducing their frequency of purchase.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Beer Market Research Report
Sample Beer Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in- country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Colombia market research report inclyudes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Beer in Colombia - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
Lager price band methodology
- Summary 1 Lager by Price Band 2015
- Table 1 Number of Breweries 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 9 Sales of Beer by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beer: % Total Volume 2012-2015
- Table 13 Production, Imports and Exports of Beer: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 14 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 15 Imports of Beer by Country of Origin: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Exports of Beer by Country of Destination: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Volume 2015-2020
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: Total Value 2015-2020
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Beer by Category: % Total Value Growth 2015-2020
Beer in Colombia - Company Profiles
Bavaria SA in Alcoholic Drinks (Colombia)
- Summary 2 Bavaria SA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Bavaria SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Bavaria SA: Competitive Position 2015
Alcoholic Drinks in Colombia - Industry Context
Alcoholic drinks continues to perform well
Premiumisation remains an ongoing trend
Bavaria SA continues to dominate alcoholic drinks in Colombia
The off-trade accounts for the lion’s share of sales
Challenging scenario for the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Alcoholic drinks performs well despite the economic slowdown
Artisanal beers making waves
Premium products continue to thrive
Key new product launches
- Summary 5 Number of On-trade Establishments by Type 2010-2015
TAXATION AND DUTY LEVIES
- Summary 6 Taxation and Duty Levies on Alcoholic Drinks 2015
- Table 21 Typical Wholesaler and Retailer Off-trade Mark-ups by Selected Categories 2015
- Table 22 Selling Margin of a Typical Beer Brand in Retail Channel Which Does Not Use Wholesalers 2015
- Table 23 Selling Margin of a Typical Wine Brand in Retail Channel Which Uses Wholesalers 2015
- Table 24 Selling Margin of a Typical Spirits Brand in Retail Channel Which Uses Wholesalers 2015
- Table 25 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2010-2015
- Table 26 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2010-2015
- Table 27 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2010-2015
- Table 28 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 29 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 30 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2015
- Table 31 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2015
- Table 32 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2015
- Table 33 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2015
- Table 34 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2011-2015
- Table 35 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2010-2015
- Table 36 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format and Category: % Off-trade Volume 2015
- Table 37 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2015-2020
- Table 38 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2015-2020
- Table 39 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 40 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2015-2020
Published data comparisons
- Summary 7 Research Sources