- The desire of some mothers to feed their babies with specialised products till a later age has had a positive impact on the category. Baby food performed positively in both volume and value terms and reached current value sales of BGN131 million in 2015. Product variety and quality helped in this respect, as mothers are very sensitive about the safety and quality features of the brands they buy. Producers have come up with imaginative recipes and every possible combination of vegetables, fruits and meat can be found in the prepared baby food and dried baby food categories.
- The four leading companies in 2015 were Nestlé Bulgaria AD, Hipp GmbH & Co Vertrieb KG, Milupa GmbH & Co KG and Slancho OOD. They accounted for a combined value share of 61%. Multinational companies Nestlé and Hipp managed to take the leading positions due to their presence in different baby food categories, including milk formula, prepared baby food, dried baby food and other baby food. Milupa is focused mainly on developing the milk formula category and works closely with medical professionals. Slancho’s strategy is different and the company aims to operate at the lower price points.
- While negative demographic trends will adversely impact volume sales of baby food over the forecast period, mothers will be increasingly demanding and will seek products with healthy and clean features (eg organic, hypoallergenic, GMO-free) for their babies. This will place a stronger focus on the health and wellness side of baby food, and the development of regular versions will slow down. Two categories will be an exception to this development: prepared baby food and toddler milk formula. The reason is that in prepared baby food there is a great variety of products with inherent health features (eg vegetable or fruit purées with no added sugar).
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Baby Food in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD & Co KD in Packaged Food (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Lidl Bulgaria EOOD & Co KD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Lidl Bulgaria EOOD & Co KD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Lidl Bulgaria EOOD & Co KD: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Lidl Bulgaria EOOD & Co KD: Competitive Position 2015
Nestlé Bulgaria AD in Packaged Food (Bulgaria)
- Summary 5 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Growing consumer demand for better quality food and health benefits
New product launches drive growth
Artisanal’s retail value share remains strong in packaged food
Modern grocery retailers grow value shares
Positive value growth is expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Large retailers invest to improve their positions
Consumers increasingly demand products with health and wellness features
Growing competition for consumers among private label and branded players
Home-made production acts as a constant constraint on retail volume sales growth
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources