- Finnish parents continue to pay increasing attention to the ingredients in baby food, the origin of specific products and ‘free-from’ formulas. For instance, baby food labelling which makes statements such as “no added sugars”, “source of iron” and emphasising regional origin with such statements as “Made in Häme” were common in 2015. The most significant re-entry into the category during the year involved the domestic retailer Kesko Oyj, which launched a selection of prepared baby food that ticked several trend boxes as these products are organic and competitively priced, the latter of which is an important consideration during times of economic recession. In terms of packaging, these products come in trendy pouches with screw caps and colourful designs. Indeed, improved packaging which allows for better storage and more convenient use are becoming more common in baby food in Finland as the expansion of pouches and screw caps was significant during both 2014 and 2015. Pouches offer several advantages in comparison with more traditional glass jars as they weigh less and make it simpler to feed babies on-the-go, without the need to use a spoon.
- Suomen Nestlé Oy maintained its strong lead in baby food in 2015 with a 49% value share. The company has a long history in Finland and is present with its wide-ranging Piltti and Bona brand portfolios. The company also markets the Nan brand, which is the best-selling milk formula brand in Finland. In addition, the Nestlé Junior and Piltti selections also include milk formula. Nutricia Baby Oy followed in second position in 2015 with a 26% value share. This was achieved through the Muksu and Tutteli brands, each of which offers a wide product selection and is often subject to new product developments. The third ranking company, domestic player Valio Oy, however, has been challenging both of the leading companies and by the end of 2015 the company had managed to carve out a 10% value share. Valio quickly established a strong portfolio after Valio Onni was launched in 2012 and the company has invested in strong product development, introducing trendy and convenient screw cap packaging, which has helped it to build up a strong value share.
- While the ongoing economic challenges in Finland are set to ensure that Finns continue to compare the prices charged for various different baby food brands, Finnish parents are also expected to continue paying increasing levels of attention to the ingredients of baby food. In particular, products with natural, organic and additive-free ingredients are expected to be the most popular during the forecast period. Moreover, packaging, especially pouches and screw caps, which make the feeding of babies and storage of food easier are expected to become more prominent on retail shelves.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Finland?
- What are the major brands in Finland?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in Finland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Baby Food in Finland - Company Profiles
Arla Oy in Packaged Food (Finland)
- Summary 1 Arla Oy: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Arla Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Arla Oy: Competitive Position 2015
Valio Oy in Packaged Food (Finland)
- Summary 4 Valio Oy: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Valio Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Valio Oy: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Finland - Industry Context
Negative value growth challenges packaged food
Consumers favour domestic products and retailers engage in a price war
Private label marches on
Dominant modern grocery retailers maintains its grip
Steady value growth predicted, but with caution
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Domestic grocery retail giants dominate packaged food distribution, but face competition from Lidl
Domestic origin is a sales boost
Price wars in 2015
Traditional food persists but ranges are widening
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 7 Research Sources