- Baby food registered stronger current value growth in 2015 when compared to the review period CAGR, mainly due to the good performance of milk formula. Milk formula increased in current value terms over 2014 and 2015 within the Netherlands due to rising demand for Dutch milk formula brands in Asian countries. Due to recent Chinese milk scandals, involving milk and infant formula adulterated with melamine, Asian consumers are hesitant to buy milk formula from China or other Asian countries. Although Dutch milk formula is also distributed directly to Asian countries by Dutch manufacturers, these companies are not able to fulfil the demand of Asian consumers. Therefore, Dutch consumers with an Asian background buy milk formula (mostly Nutrilon) in the Netherlands and ship this to Asian countries themselves.
- Nutricia Nederland BV remained the leading player in baby food in the Netherlands in 2015 with a value share of 53%, with the company seeing a slight increase on its share from 2014. The company profited from the increased interest in Nutrilon due to the illicit distribution of the brand to Asian countries. Nutricia increased production in the first half of 2014, but was still unable to fulfil the demand for its brand in the Netherlands.
- Baby food is expected to register a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period in constant 2015 value terms. Growth is expected to slow down at the end of the forecast period as the demand from Asian countries for Dutch milk formula weakens. Consumers in Asian countries will likely become more used to using their own domestic products again and the distribution of Dutch brands to Asian countries will likely improve and be more in line with the demand. Falling birth rates will also cause volume sales to decline further over the forecast period, with consumption of baby food set to decrease.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in the Netherlands - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Baby Food in the Netherlands - Company Profiles
Albert Heijn BV in Packaged Food (Netherlands)
- Summary 1 Albert Heijn BV: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Albert Heijn BV: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 3 Albert Heijn BV: Competitive Position 2014
Bolletje BV in Packaged Food (Netherlands)
- Summary 4 Bolletje BV: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Bolletje BV: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the Netherlands - Industry Context
Packaged food not able to register positive growth in 2015
Internet retailing shows good results in the distribution of packaged food
Private label sales booming in packaged food in 2015
Supermarkets remains the dominant distribution channel in packaged food in 2015
Packaged food is expected to record negative value growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Private label still booming in the Netherlands
Internet retailing is subject to increased interest
Origin becomes more important than organic
Cocooning still popular in the Netherlands despite better economic conditions
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 6 Research Sources