- Prices for all kinds of goods in Uzbekistan are pegged to the US dollar, and can thus increase or decline in line with fluctuations in the value of this currency. This is even the case with domestically produced goods such as tomatoes. Together with the domestic economic fallout from the Ukrainian crisis and sanctions against Russia, the sharp appreciation of the US dollar caused prices for many types of products to increase rapidly in Uzbekistan in 2015, while consumer incomes remained more or less unchanged. This weakening of consumer purchasing power was one of the main reasons why growth in retail volume sales of baby food was down on 2014, and slower than the CAGR for the entire review period. In contrast, price hikes ensured that baby food current value sales grew at a faster rate than in 2014 despite the slowdown in retail volume growth. Current value growth in 2015 was slower than the 5-year average, however, as prices did not increase by as much as they did during the early years of the review period.
- Nestlé continued to lead baby food in 2015, claiming an overall value share of 37% thanks to the combined strength of its Nestlé and Gerber brands. While Nestlé does manufacture other types of packaged food in Uzbekistan, all of the baby food products it markets in the country are imported. These products are distributed nationwide via a local subsidiary.
- The Ukrainian crisis, sanctions against Russia and the recent sharp appreciation of the US dollar against the som will continue to cause economic hardship in Uzbekistan over the forecast period. At the same time, birth rates in the country are expected to continue slowing gradually. As a result, growth in baby food volume sales is projected to be slightly lower than during the review period, as is value sales growth at constant 2015 prices. Nonetheless, a number of factors will ensure that retail volume and constant value growth rates remain reasonably robust. Most notably, although birth rates are expected to slow, they will remain comparatively high overall. This is because Uzbekistan has a relatively young population and a culture in which it is traditional for people to marry in their early 20s and have large families. Demand for baby food (particularly milk formula) will be further bolstered by the increasing participation of women in the workforce, a trend that is partly the result of challenging economic conditions but also attributable to the ongoing modernisation of Uzbekistani society. New launches, marketing activities and improvements in distribution (especially in more remote areas) will also help to sustain the positive development of baby food, as will the growing participation of domestic producers offering more affordable brands.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Uzbekistan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Uzbekistan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Uzbekistan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Uzbekistan?
- What are the major brands in Uzbekistan?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in Uzbekistan - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Packaged Food in Uzbekistan - Industry Context
Depreciation of Uzbekistani som hampers economic development
Packaged food benefits from unpackaged food
Domestic producers increase their share due to rapid price growth
Traditional grocery retailers lead but supermarkets shows greater potential
Positive demographic changes prevent the decline of sales
Foodservice: Key Trends and Developments
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 1 Research Sources