- Baby food grew by 5% in current value terms in 2015 which was slightly faster compared to its performance in 2014 (4%). Given that the birth rate continued its downward trend in 2015, the improvement came from toddlers or pre-school children, at which stage solid food is introduced, diminishing the demand for milk formula. However, the persistent efforts by companies to promote milk formula as beneficial to a child’s intelligence and holistic development help sustain its consumption. Promil Pre-School, for instance, associates the brand with gifted children in its TV commercials. Progress Pre-school Gold, on the other hand, is promoted as beneficial in developing a child’s intelligence. Enfagrow A+ Kid is promoted along the same lines, but instead uses the term “360 advantage”. By highlighting the benefits of milk formula for pre-schoolers, companies create a need for it, thereby sustaining purchases and assisting the category’s improved performance in 2015.
- Mead Johnson led baby food in 2015 with a 45% value share. Its dominance stems from its wide brand portfolio, including Sustagen, Enfapro, Enfagrow, Enfakid, Alacta, Enfalac, and Lactum which is its strongest brand. This allows the company to serve the milk requirements of various age brackets from newborns to pre-schoolers. The company continued to lead the category despite the discontinuation of Sustagen Kid which was its weakest brand. The strength of Lactum compensates for whatever losses a narrower brand portfolio may bring as Lactum remains actively promoted on TV and online with popular celebrity mother, Judy Ann Santos, as its endorser.
- Since intelligent children are perceived as having better chances of succeeding in life, promotions of toddler milk formula are predicted to remain focused on highlighting its benefits to a child’s intellectual or holistic development. This will be an important strategy for companies to ensure mothers continue to give their child toddler milk formula even if they are already familiar with solid food. It is likely that more companies will emphasise the importance of other areas of development and steer away from focusing solely on promoting mental intelligence.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Baby Food in the Philippines - Company Profiles
Nestlé Philippines Inc in Packaged Food (Philippines)
- Summary 1 Nestlé Philippines Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nestlé Philippines Inc: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the Philippines - Industry Context
Packaged food records slight improvement in value growth terms in 2015
Consumer desire for convenience influences product development and promotions
Universal Robina Corp is the leader in packaged food in 2015
Modern grocery retailers remain the key distribution channel for packaged food
Packaged food is expected to post improved growth rates over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Retail landscape witnesses consolidations and the introduction of new retail brands
Companies employ different strategies to improve its share in packaged food
New products emerge as companies expand their product lines and address prevailing consumer trends
New foreign brands and food specialist retailers enter packaged food amidst the continued expansion of the middle class
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 3 Research Sources