- While consumption of dried baby food and prepared vegetable/meat baby food shows modest growth in volumes, consumption of prepared fruit baby food, such as fruit elevenses in plastic pouches, is growing more significantly in 2015. Plastic pouches were introduced by Linea Nivnice in 2014 and proved to be successful, boosting sales of fruit-based prepared baby food and leading other operators to follow suit. Not only is prepared fruit baby food in plastic pouches suitable for children aged 4-6 months, it also offers comfortable and practical usage, as a baby can eat the snack without having to be spoon-fed by a parent. Demand for those products is increasing, as Czech mothers perceive them to be suitable for travelling or busy moments with no time for cooking. This innovative idea proved to be successful and its popularity is likely to increase further.
- Nutricia retained its leading position in baby food in 2015, accounting for a retail value sales share of 32%, with Hero Czech following on a 23% share. Nestlé Cesko, Hamé and Hipp Czech rounded out the top five positions in baby, accounting for respective retail value sales shares of 18%, 9% and 5% in 2015. The established leaders maintained such strong positions, due to their innovative approach to products and promotion efforts, as well as their online retailing activities. Extensive in-store promotion with frequent price reductions, free gifts with purchases, buy-two-get-one-free offers, leaflets, and advertisements targeted at mothers were all employed by these players in appealing to consumers.
- Purchasing baby food through online retailing channels is very convenient and time effective. Moreover, products are delivered directly to customers’ homes and thus, it simplifies the whole shopping procedure, especially for single mothers. In addition, customers can easily purchase large quantities and take an advantage of various promotional events and offers in online retailing. For those reasons, online retailing in baby food is becoming popular amongst Czech customers and it is projected that both retail volume and value sales through this channel will grow over the forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in the Czech Republic - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Baby Food in the Czech Republic - Company Profiles
Kaufland Ceska Republika vos in Packaged Food (Czech Republic)
- Summary 1 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Competitive Position 2014
Nestlé Cesko sro in Packaged Food (Czech Republic)
- Summary 5 Nestlé Cesko sro: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Nestlé Cesko sro: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Nestlé Cesko sro: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the Czech Republic - Industry Context
Consumers remain restrained but show greater willingness to spend
Wellness trend evident but Czech consumers still love crisps and full-fat dairy
Orkla Group purchases Hamé from Nordic Partners
Hypermarkets remain most important, internet sales gain attention
Slow but stable prospects for packaged food
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Demand for more quality products, both branded and private label
Wellness products see green light but demand remains for crisps and full-fat dairy
Internet sales of packaged food on a rise
Protection of suppliers against unfair practices of some retail chains
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources