- Baby food in 2015 is under the effect of the economic recovery, which has become visible also in the domestic consumption dynamics. Nestlé and Nutricia Early Life Nutrition will account for 75% of the sales value whilst the top five companies, all international, will account for 92%. It is right to say that the market is strongly concentrated and consolidated at the top. The governmental subsidy programme offering free milk formula has influenced the category’s development but not in a major way after being restricted from a social coverage only to medical-related situations in 2011. Because of its offering of low-priced products and discontinued supply, it targets mainly low-income families. The early switch to regular food for babies older than one year and the home-made substitute products remain specific issues of demand for Romanian baby food.
- Nestlé continues to lead comfortably baby food in 2014 and 2015 with a value share of 51% in both years. In 2015 the company is expected to strengthen its position, recording a growth rate above the one achieved by the overall category. The high awareness associated to its products, the varied portfolio and strong marketing support are elements to favour this performance. The main follower is Nutricia Early Life Nutrition, which is expected to record a value share of 24% in 2015. Hipp and Humana are other relevant players with sales accounting for 10% and 4% shares respectively of the total value in 2015.
- Baby food in Romania is expected to grow over the forecast period in terms of both value and volume. The foreseen development is mainly based on a per capita spending of only €4 in 2015, much lower than the Eastern European average of €14. Medium- and high-income families from the large cities are expected to be the strongest supporters of the baby food dynamics. Low-income families are anticipated to count on the milk formula subsidies or the available cheaper brands, which will remain an option over the forecast period. Dried baby food, prepared baby food and other baby food will target mainly busy high-income families, whilst in rural areas and small cities consumers will remain focused on home-made baby food with fresh ingredients. Due to the high concentration of demand with a small number of important international companies accounting for most of the sales, no major changes related to the competitive environment are expected.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Baby food Market Research Report
Sample Baby food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby food industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby food industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby food in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby food in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- How are latest breastfeeding rates impacting retail performance?
- Are government initiatives to promote breastfeeding constraining market performance?
- What are market opportunities for higher priced functional, organic and ethically sourced baby food?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Baby Food in Romania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Baby Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Baby Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Baby Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Baby Food in Romania - Company Profiles
Nestlé Romania SRL in Packaged Food (Romania)
- Summary 1 Nestlé Romania SRL: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nestlé Romania SRL: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Nestlé Romania SRL: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Romania - Industry Context
Sales of packaged food record growth in 2015
Reduction of VAT stimulates consumption
Artisanal accounts for the biggest sales in 2015
Modern grocery retailers control sales
Forecast performance remains impacted by low purchasing power
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The fiscal relaxation in 2015 positively affects sales of packaged food
Low available incomes affect sales
Contribution of the rural area to sales of packaged food retains potential
Expansion of modern retailers supports sales of packaged food
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 4 Research Sources