- Cheese awareness is expanding as consumers are able to distinguish more cheese types and there is wider usage in meal preparation as well as for snacks with alcoholic beverages (primarily wines and beer). The latter type of cheese consumption has grown thanks to growing beer awareness (emergence of a local craft beer industry) and increased wine consumption. Despite that, the situation was not entirely as positive for local producers as in 2014, because Russia banned the import of several consumer goods (including cheese) from the EU. This was a strong setback since local players started to focus strongly on export markets in the beginning of review period. For example, according to Estonian Institute of Economic Research, cheese exports to Russia accounted for €27.2 million in 2013. As a result of the ban, players were forced to get rid of excessive cheese quantities on the local market and therefore, quite heavy discounting appeared in 2014/2015.
- Põltsamaa Meierei Juustutööstus maintained its lead within cheese in 2015, with a retail value share of 32% in 2015. The company’s popularity is thanks to its wide range of cheese products (such as Eesti Juust, Vene Juust and Hollandi Juust) sold within an affordable price range. Its leadership also has resulted from its long presence and notable investments in marketing which has enabled it to gain the trust of consumers. Tere ranked second with a retail value share of 19% in 2015 and Valio Eesti followed with 11%. Being amongst the leading players in the Estonian dairy industry, the cheese brands of both these players are also very popular within Estonians.
- Consumption of cheese is expected to accelerate in the coming years primarily supported by the combination of relatively low price ranges and greater disposable incomes. Cheese will not be seen simply as a plain sandwich ingredient anymore; its usage as a snack or meal ingredient is becoming more common. Besides, as the general price range of cheese is not likely to grow, consumers will be more willing to experiment with new products and also new cheese-based meals. Although health awareness is set to improve and this would theoretically suggest a rise in the popularity of products with lower fat content, the expected trend might lack momentum considering historical experience, as Estonians choose taste over “healthiness” in the case of cheese. Still, health trends will improve the introduction of lactose-free products since food intolerance is projected to be a greater concern.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Cheese Market Research Report
Sample Cheese Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cheese industry in Estonia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cheese industry in Estonia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cheese in Estonia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cheese in Estonia?
- What are the major brands in Estonia?
- Given mounting obesity concerns, are consumers moving from full-fat to reduced fat/fat-free offerings?
- Are consumers moving from unpackaged to packaged cheese?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Cheese in Estonia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Cheese in Estonia - Company Profiles
Valio Eesti AS in Packaged Food (Estonia)
- Summary 1 Valio Eesti AS: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Valio Eesti AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Valio Eesti AS: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Estonia - Industry Context
Competition and improving disposable incomes contribute to growth
Rising consumer demands challenge manufacturers
Complications in export possibilities boosts competition
Considerable steps are made towards internet retailing
Rather positive performance is expected in the forecast period
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 4 Research Sources