- Cheese continues to be used either as an ingredient/garnish for cooking or as a sandwich filling. Given that consumers want variety, they alternate cheese with other spreads and use it for cooking only when needed. As such, volume growth for cheese remained low at 1% in 2015. Value growth, meanwhile, was 2% in 2015 which was marginally better than in 2014. This is due to the greater preference for processed cheese which is cheaper and contributed 94% of the total value sales in 2015. Unprocessed cheese, meanwhile, is not so appreciated and well-known by consumers. As such, it was mainly the affluent few who contributed to the slightly faster value growth through their purchases of more expensive unprocessed cheese.
- Kraft Foods (Philippines) Inc led cheese in 2014 with a value share of 60% which it maintained in 2015. Its continued leadership stems from its wide brand portfolio composed of Kraft, Cheez Whiz, Velveeta, Kraft Singles and Philadelphia, most of which are processed cheeses. Its biggest brand is Kraft which is available in different variants from cheddar and parmesan to one specifically made for local consumers called Kraft Eden. Cheez Whiz and Kraft Eden, meanwhile, are its two most prominent brands which are leaders in their respective categories. Their success can be traced to their competitive prices, adequate promotions, use of different packaging sizes and taste profile which suit local preferences. Aside from mass-market consumers, the company is also able to cater to more affluent ones through its Velveeta and Philadelphia brands.
- Cheese is predicted to register a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2015 prices over the forecast period which is better compared to the review period performance when its CAGR contracted by 2%. The improvement in growth is expected to come from the greater openness among the expanding middle class to try out unprocessed cheese. Upscale grocery retailers such as Marketplace by Rustan’s and high-end foodservice outlets are among those that will help educate consumers on the different variants of cheese available. International cooking shows will also help acquaint consumers on the different ways unprocessed cheese could be used for various dishes. Unprocessed cheese, however, is not expected to overtake processed cheese which is predicted to still account for the bulk of total value sales over the forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Cheese Market Research Report
Sample Cheese Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cheese industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cheese industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cheese in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cheese in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- Given mounting obesity concerns, are consumers moving from full-fat to reduced fat/fat-free offerings?
- Are consumers moving from unpackaged to packaged cheese?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Cheese in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Unprocessed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Packaged Food in the Philippines - Industry Context
Packaged food records slight improvement in value growth terms in 2015
Consumer desire for convenience influences product development and promotions
Universal Robina Corp is the leader in packaged food in 2015
Modern grocery retailers remain the key distribution channel for packaged food
Packaged food is expected to post improved growth rates over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Retail landscape witnesses consolidations and the introduction of new retail brands
Companies employ different strategies to improve its share in packaged food
New products emerge as companies expand their product lines and address prevailing consumer trends
New foreign brands and food specialist retailers enter packaged food amidst the continued expansion of the middle class
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 1 Research Sources