- The category development in 2015 is expected to take place under the effect of the VAT reduction from 24% to 9% for all food products, cheese included, starting 1 June 2015. Romania ranks amongst the bottom countries within Eastern Europe in terms of consumed cheese. With only 2 kilograms per person in 2015, the retail volume is expected to see an increase of 6% after consecutive years of decline. This is explained partially by an increase of purchases of the current consumers, but it is mostly due to the customers and companies’ migration from the informal to the formal market and the self-consumption of own production in rural areas. A continuous concentration of the competitive environment is taking place according to the Romanian Dairy Industry Association, with a decreasing number of local small producing companies each year. 183 factories were present in 2013, 130 in 2014 and below 100 at the end of 2015.
- The same as over the whole review period, Hochland continues to lead cheese with a value share of 22% in 2015, at a comfortable distance from its competitors. Its strong points are the focus on cheese with strong brands such as Hochland and Almette, and the continuous advertising campaigns. The increased product availability with national coverage in all formats of grocery outlets and the strategy based on continuous product innovation have confirmed and consolidated the leader’s position. The company has a portfolio to cover all categories of cheese, with a dominant position in processed cheese, a leading rank in packaged hard cheese and a very competitive second place in soft cheese. Delaco is the main follower in cheese with a value share of 12% in 2015.
- With only €15 per capita spent in 2015, less than half of the Eastern European average of €35, the category has a huge potential for future development in the medium and long term. Also important to be considered is that 44% of the total Romanian households in 2015 are in rural areas, where a high level of self-consumption is present and a low development of retail outlets. The growing consumption – as a result of the improving standard of living, the increasing incomes and the expected general VAT quota decrease from 24% to 20% in 2016 and 19% in 2017 – is foreseen to be visible also in the progress of cheese. A stronger formal economy will create also a more accurate picture of the category.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Cheese Market Research Report
Sample Cheese Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cheese industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cheese industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cheese in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cheese in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- Given mounting obesity concerns, are consumers moving from full-fat to reduced fat/fat-free offerings?
- Are consumers moving from unpackaged to packaged cheese?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Cheese in Romania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Unprocessed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Cheese in Romania - Company Profiles
Albalact SA in Packaged Food (Romania)
- Summary 1 Albalact SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Albalact SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Albalact SA: Competitive Position 2015
Macromex SRL in Packaged Food (Romania)
- Summary 4 Macromex SRL: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Macromex SRL: Operational Indicators
Mega Image SRL in Packaged Food (Romania)
- Summary 6 Mega Image SRL: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Mega Image SRL: Operational Indicators
- Summary 8 Mega Image SRL: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 9 Mega Image SRL: Competitive Position 2014
Packaged Food in Romania - Industry Context
Sales of packaged food record growth in 2015
Reduction of VAT stimulates consumption
Artisanal accounts for the biggest sales in 2015
Modern grocery retailers control sales
Forecast performance remains impacted by low purchasing power
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The fiscal relaxation in 2015 positively affects sales of packaged food
Low available incomes affect sales
Contribution of the rural area to sales of packaged food retains potential
Expansion of modern retailers supports sales of packaged food
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 10 Research Sources