- Over the review period, cheese recorded a slightly weaker performance than the growth experienced in 2015. The lower growth rate reflects the period of restructuring being undertaken in Swiss cheese, the strong pressure from imported cheese and the expansion of private label variants, which command a lower price point.
- Migros Genossenschaftsbund eG retained the largest value share in cheese in 2015. With its strong portfolio of products and its extensive distribution network, the retailer holds the number one or two position in most cheese categories. Lactalis Suisse SA ranked second in 2015. The company has built a strong portfolio of prominent cheese brands, including many top soft cheese brands, each of which is a major source of revenue for the company. Its wide portfolio provides a strong platform from which to exploit widespread growth in demand for cheese with a strong image of regional authenticity. Coop Genossenschaft was the number three player in 2015 as the retailer has a predominant position in the highly successful organic segment.
- The continued influx of EU imports is expected to impact the competitive landscape in Swiss cheese as the number of available imported brands continues to grow exponentially. Besides, continued high prices in Switzerland when compared to neighbouring European countries, combined with the strength of the Swiss franc against the euro, will likely continue encouraging retail tourism with more consumers, attracted by the lower prices across the borders in Germany, France and Italy seeking to buy their cheese products in those countries.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Cheese Market Research Report
Sample Cheese Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cheese industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cheese industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cheese in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cheese in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- Given mounting obesity concerns, are consumers moving from full-fat to reduced fat/fat-free offerings?
- Are consumers moving from unpackaged to packaged cheese?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Cheese in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Unprocessed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Cheese in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Emmi AG in Packaged Food (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Emmi AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Emmi AG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Emmi AG: Competitive Position 2015
Unilever Schweiz GmbH in Packaged Food (Switzerland)
- Summary 4 Unilever Schweiz AG: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Unilever Schweiz AG: Operational Indicators (Global)
- Summary 6 Unilever Schweiz AG: Competitive Position 2015
Unilever Schweiz GmbH in Packaged Food (Switzerland)
- Summary 7 Unilever Schweiz GmbH Food Solutions: Key Facts
Packaged Food in Switzerland - Industry Context
Packaged food sees slight growth in a challenging economic environment
Product origin remains a key selling point in Switzerland
Migros and Coop’s private label lines provide strong competition for branded manufacturers
Supermarkets remains the main distribution channel
Further challenges expected for the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The Swiss economy faces challenges created by its strong national currency
Internet retailing gains share within packaged food
Health and wellness continues to shape the performance of packaged food
Packaged food manufacturers focus on sustainability
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to foodservice
Trends: Consumer foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources